Happy New Year from
NAYA Family Center Homeownership Program
We want to wish a Happy New Year to all of our homebuyers, new homeowners, and program partners! A sincere thank you to everyone who has supported our program and homebuyers in 2010: local government, home buying professionals and non-profit partners, and of course, the Community.
We are pleased to share a look back on a very successful year. In 2010:
- 20 households became homeowners using our homeownership education and coaching services. This represents 57 adults and children who now have the stability and asset-building opportunity of homeownership.
- 87 individuals graduated from NAYA Family Center's Homebuyer Education Classes, Pathways Home.
- NAYA Family Center became a HUD Approved Housing Counseling Agency.
- We hosted the 5th Annual Native American Housing to Homeownership Fair, which provides information and resources on rental housing, home buying and home maintenance. Check out the 2010 Fair Report. And mark your calendar for the 6th Annual Native American Housing to Homeownership Fair, July 30, 2011.
- We continued to partner with Proud Ground . In 2011 we will be offering two newly renovated homes, and several grants for for first-time low-income buyers to shop for home of their choice in the City of Portland or City of Gresham.
- We launched a Down Payment Assistance Loan Program (DPAL) with the Minority Homeowner Assistance Collaborative (MHAC) and the Portland Housing Bureau which will provide over $600,000 in assistance for first time low income homebuyers in Portland.
- We reached out by presenting at local Native American professional organizations, attending Pow Wows and other community events. And we also offered training for homebuying professionals about the home buying needs of our community.
- We received funding to support our program and services from Meyer Memorial Trust, Northwest Area Foundation, Portland Housing Bureau, Oregon Housing and Community Services, HUD and Wells Fargo.
In 2011 we will be expanding our staff capacity, offering home buying opportunities through our Proud Ground and MHAC partnerships. Keep your eyes open for announcements about upcoming homebuying and post-purchase programs.
Thank you for your continued support and partnership in the work of increasing homeownership for Portland's Native American community! We look forward to working with you in the coming year.
Sara, Sharon, Anna and Jen
NAYA Family Center Homeownership Team