2012 Fundraiser for Muscular Dystrophy Bike Ride Update
For ten years, my fiance, Bryan Giard has raised funds for the Muscular Dystophy Association (MDA)
. The Trans NH Bike Ride is a three day, 250 mile fundraising ride. Each rider must raise $750 - Bryan's personal goal this year is to raise $2,500. The funds the Trans NH Bike Ride
donates to the MDA provides help and hope in many ways:
- Clinics - expert specialized medical care
- Research - cutting-edge investigation into treatments and cures
- Support - help obtaining equipment and coping with challenges
- Camp - a barrier-free week of fun, friendship and laughter for kids
Help us reach (and surpass!) Bryan's goal. We look forward to tipping back a cold one at Red Hook at the end of the ride. We hope to see YOU there too!
How to Help:
Riding is the easy part. (Cheering Bryan on is even easier!) It's the fundraising that can be difficult. But with your help, you can help us reach and surpass our goal.
- Visit Bryan's secure fundraising page. This will automatically send a receipt to your email for tax purposes.
- Make a check payable to Trans NH Bike Ride and mail it to Starry Brook, I'll pass it to Bryan.
- Cash donation.
2012 Ride Dedication
This year's ride is dedicated to Anthony Jennings. He was diagnosed at 9 years old with Becker Muscular Dystrophy. "Can't" is not in Anthony's vocabulary, but rather "we'll find a way." True to form, despite the difficulties of BMD (needing assistance to pour drinks, get out of a chair, or walk from one end of school to the other), Anthony is a member of the PVC Pirates FIRST Robotics team, a recent inductee into the National Honor Society, Manager of the LHS Varsity Baseball team, and the radio voice of Lancer football.
|Your donation will go a long way in the fight against neuromuscular disease!|