|Bluebonnets by |
Please join us for our Chick Days Event on Saturday, April 7th! We will have Easter Basket drawings all day and an Easter Egg Hunt from 12-1. Bring the entire family out to Eagle Hardware on April 7th for a fun day!
Spring rain showers have helped pond and lake levels rise recently. It's time to start thinking about restocking your ponds and pond management. We're here to get you going with your pond planning. Read below and on our website for details about our Pond Management Workshop.
April is here and hopefully it will bring plenty of rain showers to Texas! Don't forget to come by for lawn and garden supplies. We have fertilizer, flowers and all the gardening supplies you need to take advantage of the spring rains.
Changes in the weather bring changes in your feeding regimens. Come in and visit us for all your feeding needs.
Happy Easter from the Eagle Hardware Farm & Ranch Family!
|Chick Days Event This Weekend!|
Eagle Hardware invites you to our Chick Days Event! We will have Easter Basket drawings all day on Saturday, April 7th! This will be a special event with an Easter Egg Hunt from Noon - 1p.m. and egg coloring contest!
Thinking about building a pond? Want to know how to grow larger fish? Wondering what kind of environment you need to have a pond? Join Eagle Hardware Farm & Ranch and Bob Lusk, Fishery Biologist and editor of Pond Boss magazine and learn about pond management, health, and growth. Join the Pond Boss for this FREE educational seminar on May 10th.
Spring is here and you may have "spring cleaning" on your mind. Don't forget to include your tack room on your list of rooms to "spring clean". Here are a few tips for your tack room organizing project. Don't forget to come by Eagle Hardware for your tack room organization supplies!
- Make your tack room bright! Bright lights discourage rodents. Come in to the store to get your bulbs and don't forget to buy an extra one to keep on hand for bulb burnouts.
- Keep your tack room dry by insulating the room and/or using a fan to keep moisture out.
- Wire racks and wood shelves are a great way to store your items. We've got the supplies you need to build your shelves.
- Separate your grooming supplies from your tack.
- Organize your tack by making your favorite saddles, bridles, etc. easily accessible. Items you use less often can go in a more remote location (i.e. on a high shelf/hook or underneath your favorite items).
- Remember to keep your tack room clean. Keep a broom and dust pan in the room for easy access.
- Does your tack room need a coat of paint? We've got paint and paint supplies!
Now that the weather is finally warming up, we are spending more time with our horses, and are looking forward to even more enjoyable riding weather. There are some nutritional concerns, however, during this season, and some management issues we should address to ensure the health and performance of our horses.
|Quick Tips for Controlling Flies|
|Now is the time to map out your fly control program. Horn flies normally begin showing up in spring when average daily temperatures reach 65º F for a period of two weeks. They remain a nuisance until cool weather in late fall or early winter. Here are four quick tips to help you develop an integrated management program for controlling horn flies.