The temperatures have been deceptively warm over the last couple of weeks. Native North Texans know, however, that February will bring the coldest temperatures of the year to our area. Make sure your animals are ready for the cold! Read below for tips on caring for your senior horses during a cold snap!
Need supplies to winterize your home? Come by the hardware store to pick up what you need to protect your home.
With this unseasonably warm weather now is the time to get your onion sets and seed potatoes in the ground. Just make sure you cover them if we get a cold snap.
The Smokehouse Restaurant is set to open in February! Yes, really, it's true! Stop by and check it out, it should be open by mid month.
Sign up for the Purina Rewards program. Sign up and save with quarterly coupons on animal and livestock feeds you use.
Eagle Hardware Farm & Ranch is open 6 days a week to serve you, Monday - Saturday, from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
We love our customers!
Eagle Hardware Farm & Ranch
We have great news for the welders and farmers out there! We now carry oxygen- acetylene. And, since we're talking about welding, we'd like to give you a few safety tips to keep in mind while you're completing your welding projects.
Don't forget to stop by Eagle Hardware Farm & Ranch for all your hardware needs!
- Always use the proper equipment to ensure adequate protection to prevent serious damage to your eyes. When welding there is a bright light created that requires eye protection. Arc welding requires a full helmet covering the face. Oxy-acetylene welding requires goggles over the eyes.
- Protect your entire body with fire retardant clothing, shoes, and gloves.
- Watch out for sparks-make sure there are no flammable substances or objects nearby to catch fire while you are concentrating on your project.
- ALWAYS have adequate ventilation.
- Be sure to use gloves and tongs to handle hot parts.
- Remove batteries from autos or machinery before welding in their vicinity. Batteries emit hydrogen which is very combustible.
- Never weld on gas tanks, used drums or containers of any kind.
|Pet Food and Digestibility|
Buying the right pet food is not as simple as it seems. You want to buy a quality food that provides your pet optimum nutrition for mental and physical growth and overall health.
So how do you know which pet food is the best? Do you read the label on the bag? Sure, but will your pet eat it? Did you know that monitoring your pet's stool appearance, coat appearance and weight gain or loss can help you determine if you're feeding him the right food?
Read this article from the experts at Purina to see what factors will help you choose the right pet food. Plus, ask us for a recommendation, our friendly staff is eager to help you find the perfect feed for all your animals.
|Senior Horse Tales Contest|
Senior horses and ponies often leave special stories and memories in the hearts of their owners. Share your story
and you could win one ton of Purina Equine Senior horse feed!
Grand-prize winner for the 2009 contest, Jennifer Kruzel, of Whitman, Mass. is pictured with her horse Brownie, a 33-year-old quarter horse that grew up with Kruzel since she was 4 years old.
Eagle Hardware Farm & Ranch carries Purina Equine Senior and Equine Senior Healthy Active horse feeds! Stop by and pick yours up today!
Now is the time to add AnterMax 20 and AntlerMax Watershield 20 as a supplement to your deer feeding program.
AnterMax 20 is a 20%-protein pelleted ration designed to enhance the deer's natural forage diet. Formulated with patented AntlerMax® Technology.
- Improves antler size and mass and improves body condition.
- Optimum reproductive performance and strong healthy fawns.
- Proprietary AntlerMax® Mineral - optimal antler growth, density and strength.
- Highly palatable - strong proprietary flavor attracts deer and elk.
- To be fed free-choice with adequate forage or quality hay.
- Feed from February through August.
Proper feeding now will pay off in the fall! Click here
to access the product sheet. Available at Eagle Hardware Farm & Ranch.
|Prepare For the Chick Invasion|
Chick Days are coming to Eagle Hardware Farm & Ranch in March! We have several great articles to help you care for your flock on our website. Be sure to check them out!
Here is a great video to help you get excited about chicks, plus it has great tips on starting your flock!
|How to Start Your Baby Chicks|
Come by and ask us about Purina® Layena® Plus Omega-3. It's a great feed to keep your flock in tip-top shape!
| Eagle Hardware |
Farm & Ranch
4757 Highway 276 W
Royce City, TX 75189
Monday - Saturday:
8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Sign up for our FREE Frequent Purchase Program and save money!
When you buy 6 bags of Purina Exclusive or Red Flannel pet food you'll receive the 7th bag FREE!
When you buy 8 bags of Purina Infinia pet food you'll receive the next bag FREE!
Click here for all the details!
|Show Chow Spotlight|
Click this chart to learn more!
|Purina Difference Rewards|
Would you like to receive coupons for the Purina feed you already buy? Sign up for the Purina Difference Rewards Program and you'll receive coupons quarterly!
Starting preparations now will give your garden a head start when the warm temperatures return for good.
- We have onion sets! Stop in today to choose your sets and get planting!
- If you love blueberry muffins, plant bushes now.
- Keep those Valentine cut flower arrangements fresh longer with a simple solution of 50-50 lemon lime soda and water and a dash of bleach. Also, before you put your flowers in your vase remove all of the lower leaves.
You'll find many more tips on the Garden Tips page of our website!