I will be arriving at the Civic Center to set up on Monday, August 10th at 5:00.
If anyone wants to come help, I would appreciate it. I will be staying at the
Holiday Inn Express in Plainview.
TUESDAY, AUGUST 11-ROUND-UP DAY
- Board Members arrive at 7:30 to help greet & mingle with the guests and help with last minute details.
- At our last meeting in Plainview, we assigned specific duties. If you do not have one, we'll give you one!
- We also decided at our meeting, that Board Members WOULD go ahead and register, plus pay the $25 fee.
- You should all have the agenda for the conference. It will be from 8:00-3:30.
- At 3:30, we will all pitch-in on the clean-up. Thanks.
TUESDAY: 4:15 -4:30: We will have a short 15 minute Board Meeting in the Conference Room.
TUESDAY: 6:00-7:00: Appreciation Board Member Dinner at Little Mexico, 4009 Olton Road (North of Walmart).
TUESDAY: 7:00-8:30: New Board Training at Holiday Inn Express, 4213 West 13th Street.
We realize this will be a long day for us, but felt it better to make long days than to ask the board to stay for 3 days.
We will make it a fun, bonding, and sharing day. TAKE YOUR VITAMINS!
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 12- ANNUAL PLAINS TRAIL MEETING
Plainview Civic Center 2902 West 4th Street
8:00 am - 4:00-Sue Shore, Texas Historical Commission, will be our facilitator.
- Coffee/Breakfast Items
- Meeting Agenda
- Working Lunch served at the Civic Center Conference Room
- PLEASE bring your board books. I'll bring some for the new board members.
Session Goal: To gain consensus on long-term goals and FY2010 operational strategies
Big Picture Thinking:
How do we define success?
Review of mission and vision, challenges and opportunities for the region relative to these organizational statements.
Develop/refine long-term goals for the organization.
Goals:What do you need goals to address?
Program (public awareness and education) development (internal audience)
Product (preservation and resource)development (internal and external audiences)
Marketing/promotion (external audience)
Development of strategies for the 2010 fiscal year.