The new year is in full swing and thanks to labs around the world, we've added lots of new plasmids to the collection over the past few months. Check out some of the highlights in our Hot Plasmids section. Also, our most commonly asked lentiviral questions are answered in this month's featured technique. Finally, we are excited to be heading to Chicago for AACR next week- hope to see you there!
Interview with Lentiviral Expert
Dr. Maciej Wiznerowicz
Dr. Maciej Wiznerowicz is currently a Professor at The Greater Poland Cancer Center and is Chair of Medical Biotechnology at Poznan University School of Medical Sciences. Maciej cloned some of Addgene's most popular lentiviral plasmids. Hear his thoughts on lentiviral technologies and how they've helped different areas of biomedical research.
Hot Papers and Plasmids
- O-Phosphoserine Engineering
- DECIPHER: Genome Wide Knockdown
- Brain-Specific MiniPromoters
- Cyclin Reporters
Answers to Your Top 10 Lentiviral Questions
- What is a lentivirus? How is it different than a retrovirus?
- What is the difference between a 2nd and 3rd generation lentivector?
- What dictates lentiviral host cell range (tropism)?
- Will I get a larger titer with a 2nd or 3rd generation packaging system?
Call For Deposits Pre-Publication!
Are you preparing to submit a paper with unique plasmids?
Did you know that Addgene accepts plasmids pre-publication?
We'll hold your plasmids offline until your paper is in press and you give us approval to make them available.
Submitting plasmids before publication will also:
- Save you time and keep you organized
- Simplify your Materials & Methods section
- Support Addgene!