San Francisco North & and East Bay Region
Margaret Speaker Yuan
Colette Weil Parrinello
Assistant Regional Advisor
Beyond the Bay Coordinators
North Bay Coordinator
New Member/Welcome Coordinator
|We are 100% Run by Volunteers |
If you would like to learn more about childrens writing and illustrating, one of the best ways is to volunteer with the organization. You meet people, see behind the scenes at events and get a chance to ask authors and others about their suggestions. Please contact Margaret, books4women AT yahoo.com or Colette, mvpurpleleafATyahoo.com
Share Your Good News
If you are an SCBWI member, send Colette
(mvpurpleleafATyahoo.com) your good news about recent magazine articles and books published. We'll share in our calendar or newsletter. Put "Good News" in Subject line.
Learn More About SCBWI
Just Click the Logo Below
CRITIQUE CAFE FOR SCBWI MEMBERS
Wednesday, Feb. 8th, 7 - 8:30 PM
This is a New Program Just For Members
Location: Caffe Oggi, Mill Valley
Location: Caffe Oggi, 745 East Blithedale, Mill Valley, in the Whole Foods Center.
Cost: $15.00 includes a dessert or snack
(At the door, registration will be $20.)
NOTE: You do not need a PayPal account to register. Follow the links to pay by credit card if you don't have a PayPal account.
No-Host: Wine, Beer, Espresso drinks and Other Food
Be Green: Bring your Own Travel Cup/Mug
Here's What We'll Do:
1) Depending on how many people, we will break up into small groups according to region. Each region table will have a facilitator (just to explain the rules and keep the clock)
2) Each member should be prepared to pass out 3 pages of 1 manuscript (MS) to have members in the group critique.
3) A member will read 1 page out loud. The MS will be verbally critiqued by the group, 1 critiquer at a time. What You Need to Bring for Critique Cafe:
4) This is an excellent time to meet members, learn about others' work, inquire about critique groups and those groups that might need members.
1) 8-10 copies of 3 pages of a manuscript you are working on2) Note pad or computer/IPad to write down notes from critique and to take names of members who might be interested in forming a critque group or adding members to a current group
About the Wonderful Illustration Above
This delightful illustration was in our illustration database but we do not have the name of the illustator. If you are the illustrator, please let us know so we may credit you.
WELCOME TO OUR NEW VOLUNTEER COORDINATORS Who Answered our New Year's Call for 2012
Corina Berman: New Member Welcome Coordinator
Corina will welcome new members, answer questions, and provide general guidance on available materials and information from SCBWI. She will also contact members whose membership has lapsed to engage them in rejoining. Thank you Corina
Brian Bowes: Illustrator Coordinator (IC):
Brian will coordinate meetings that address the interests/needs of our illustrator members. Brian comes with great ideas, lots of enthusiasm and a desire to connect the many Illustrator members in our region. Learn more about Brian at studiobowesart.com Thank you Brian
JAN. 14th, 4 - 6pm: Picture Book Apps - A Brave New World, First Congregational Church of Palo Alto, RSVP HERE
FEB. 8th, 7 - 8:30: Members Only CRITIQUE CAFE, Caffe Oggi, 745 E. Blithedale Ave, Mill Valley, 7 - 8:30 pm, $15 online reg, $20 at door.
MARCH 2 - 4th Creative Getaway, Green Gulch Farms, Muir Beach,
LOOKING FOR A CRITIQUE GROUP?
HERE ARE THE WAYS
Come to our Members Critique Cafe and meet other members who might be interested in forming a group or need members.
Network at regional events.
Post your interest on the SCBWI_norca yahoo listserv.
Use our CRITCONNECT service. This is an automated service to confidentially post your interest. Email firstname.lastname@example.org You will be sent a message about a google docs spreadsheet where you may post your critique interests and see other people's postings to search for members.
Network at conferences.
SCBWI San Francisco North & East Bay Region
Volunteers in Our Region Provide:
- Meetings in Santa Rosa, Walnut Creek and Mill Valley
- Online Webinars
- Retreats in Muir Beach
- Fall Conference in Oakland
Visit our region's pages on the SCBWI national website HERE