CALL FOR WORKSHOP PROPOSALS:
GUIDELINES AND PROPOSAL APPLICATION FORM
41st Annual Conference ~ May 19 - 21, 2013 ~ Arizona Biltmore Resort & Spa, Phoenix
Conference Theme: "If Not Now, When?"
Proposal Deadline: October 6, 2012 ~ Notification of Acceptance: by December 31, 2012
The AJFCA Annual Conference is a networking and training opportunity for professional and lay leaders from AJFCA member agencies throughout North America. Attendees include CEOs; Senior Management Professionals; Board Presidents and Presidents-elect; and Volunteer Board Leaders.
We encourage proposals that are interactive; results-oriented; focus on success stories and lessons learned; and/or provide strategies that show attendees how to strive for excellence in their agencies. Presenters may put forward more than one proposal and each must be submitted separately. Presentations may not include material designed solely to promote a business product.
The conference program committee consists of five task forces. Each task force will consider those proposals received that fit within their domain. The following categories have been deemed as priorities by the task forces, and accordingly we are looking for proposals within these areas:
Agency Operations Task Force Categories:
- Sustainability: Case Studies of Success (Programs that either stand on their own two feet or on the path to stand on their own two feet; Diversified revenue streams; Fees for service)
- Innovative Organizational Design (Collaborations; Organized resources: Better ways to use our dollars)
- Human Resources (Salaried vs. contractual employees; Issues of diversity: staff and/or clients; Workforce Development)
- Trends (What's over the Horizon; Profit Making)
- Risk Management and PQI
Leadership & Governance Task Force Categories:
- Evaluation Tools for the Board
- Board-Agency Relations
- Structuring the Board to Meet its Responsibility
- Ethics of the Board
- How to Get the Right People in the Right Seats on the Board
Fund Development/Marketing Categories
The focus is on "strategizing" with an emphasis on the following topics:
- Uses of and Integration of Staff in Development, Marketing, and Volunteer Programs
- Differentiating the Audiences/Age Groups of Donors
- Prioritizing with Limited Resources
- Taking it to the Next Level (Includes, but not limited to, portals for giving; broadening the donor base; endowments/planned giving; and social media)
Agency Programming/Clinical Services Categories:
- Older Adult Services and Holocaust Survivors Issues
- Funding for Agency Programming
- Positioning Behavioral Health Services in an Affordable Care Act Environment
- Children and Youth Services
CEO Programming Categories:
- Strategic Thinking for the Future
- Agency-Wide Talent Acquisition
- Effective Leadership
- Succession Planning
Thank you for submitting a proposal for the 2013 AJFCA Annual Conference.
You will be notified as to the status of your submission by the end of December 2012.