In less than two weeks you will arrive in Houston to discover the warmth and hospitality from the AJFCA and IAJVS staff and board members, and our JFS Houston hosts. You will have the opportunity to exchange ideas and return home with innovative programming models and templates for future work. You also will have plenty of time to connect with old and new colleagues, peers, and friends.
Before you arrive, please note the following helpful information:
Conference Registration at the hotel: (located on the ground level adjacent to lobby)
Saturday, April 21st: 7:00am - 10:00pm, Founders Ballroom
Sunday, April 22nd: 7:00am - 5:00pm, Legends Ballroom
Monday, April 23rd: 7:30am - 3:00pm, Legends Ballroom
- AJFCA and IAJVS Programming: Attendees from both organizations will be able to pick and choose the workshop sessions they wish to attend regardless of their membership affiliation. A small number of events may limit attendance and will be noted in the program booklet.
- Name Badges: You will need to wear your name badge at all times during the conference and also at Sunday's host reception. Your badge is your pass to the Havdalah/Dessert Reception, conference breakfasts, refreshment breaks, workshop sessions, and host event.
- Guest Speakers: Rachel Simon, Nell Edgington, William Daroff, Teresa Nino and Seth Cohen will capture your interest with their incomparable presentations. For more detailed information regarding the guest speakers and session they will be presenting click on this link: Guest speakers.
- Guests: Only registered attendees and guests can attend conference workshop sessions, breakfasts and events. If you would like to register someone as a guest ($150), please contact Barbara Tapper, 800-634-7346 at the AJFCA office.
- Wireless access will be available throughout the hotel from guestrooms to lobby to meeting space at a fee of $10.95+ tax per user per day. Guests can either sign up in their rooms for service or purchase a code at the front desk if they are local and will not be staying at the InterContinental Hotel.
- Kosher Meals: Kosher food will be served at all meal functions (breakfasts, breaks, luncheons and host reception) and has been prepared under strict Orthodox supervision. Those interested in purchasing a kosher box lunch at the hotel on Monday or Tuesday, click on the following link for more information: Kosher box lunches.
- Smoking: Smoking is not permitted at any conference function.
- Heavy Perfumes and/or Colognes: Some attendees are sensitive to heavy perfumes and/or colognes. Please refrain from wearing them during the conference.
- Liability: AJFCA and IAJVS cannot accept liability for injuries or losses sustained from accidents or occurrences that may arise in connection with pre-conference, annual conference, and/or post-conference events.
- Religious Services: Egalitarian services will be held Sunday-Tuesday mornings, embracing pluralism and respect for the variety of Jewish religious practices.
- Restaurants: The host community has given us a great list of local restaurants. Click on the following link for more information: Local restaurants.
- Airport SuperShuttle: We have arranged for a discounted rate on SuperShuttle IAH and HOU Airport Transfers. Click on the following link for more information: SuperShuttle.
- Local Synagogues: Click on the following link for a listing of local synagogues: Synagogues.
Have a safe trip and we look forward to welcoming you to Houston!