Why you will love the 2012 AJFCA Annual Conference . . .
- A solid two and ½ days . . . of future-shaping workshops focused on offering expertise; peer to peer sharing; new connections of support and resources; and entertaining events.
AJFCA will be sharing time and space in Houston with IAJVS. Attendees from both organizations will be able to pick and choose from over 40 workshop sessions they wish to attend regardless of their membership affiliation. (A small number of events may limit attendance and will be noted in the conference program.)
- Networking Opportunities . . . at the Pre-Conference Havdalah and Dessert Reception; during breakfast and lunch; in the hallways; attending interactive breakout sessions; while relaxing in the "Delegates' Lounge;" mingling during the Refreshment Breaks; and while schmoozing and having fun at the Host Community's "Hoedown" Event on Sunday evening.
- Pre-Conference Havdalah and Dessert Reception . . . our host committee has planned a special Havdalah Service on Saturday, April 21st led by "Shir Magic," Congregation Emanu El's four-voice musical group, who will provide a blend of contemporary and traditional music for the service. Delicious desserts and refreshments will be provided along with networking opportunities prior to Sunday's official Conference start.
- Delegates' Lounge . . . is the place to be during the scheduled refreshment breaks or anytime you need a break from your busy schedule! You can pick up agencies' innovative printed materials; satisfy your thirst and munch on goodies; and meet, greet and network with colleagues, friends, sponsors and exhibitors.
- Host Community's "Hoedown". . . early Sunday evening you will kick up your heels with professional dancers who will teach attendees how to line dance, square dance, and dance to the fast paced Cotton Eyed Jo! Attendees will board buses for a good ole Texas barbeque dinner, complimented by fun, dancing and music by "Jewish, Jaz, Jive." Be sure to pack your blue jeans, boots and Texas hat...they'll supply all the fun and food.
- The InterContinental Hotel . . . near the Galleria Mall offers upscale accommodations in a prime location. The hotel is located in the heart of uptown Houston, just one and one half blocks from the world-class shopping, dining and entertainment at The Galleria. This four-diamond hotel is just minutes from downtown; the Texas Medical Center; the Museum District and all major sports venues. Please make your hotel reservations at the Houston InterContinental Hotel by April 6th. The group rate is $159 per night. You can book your room by clicking on the above, where the group discount code is already indicated on the online reservation form.
- Houston's Main Attractions . . . Space Center Houston, Houston's world-class Downtown Aquarium, Houston Museum of Natural Science, Houston Zoo; and Museum of Fine Arts. You can apply online for the Houston CityPASS, which includes one-time admissions to these 5 most famous Houston attractions.
- Discounted Early Registration Rate . . . you can register for the Conference via the following link: REGISTRATION. Register by March 21st for the early discounted rate of $475. The registration rate will increase to $525 beginning March 22nd. All registrations must be submitted by April 12th.
- New This Year . . . AJFCA is offering a rebate to member agencies of $200 for each full registration from their community over the 4th registered attendee. Agencies will receive a rebate post-conference. Spouse/guest registrations will not count toward the total. (It will be the responsibility of the agency to distribute rebate funds, if necessary, to the proper attendees.)
- Coming Soon . . . updated program schedule; additional guest speaker information, and so much more.