|WJM Technologies Email Archives Homepage
Welcome to the home of "THE WELD NUGGET", a newsletter designed to inform, entertain, and educatet the reader about welding/soldering/brazing issues. Below you will find links to newsletters that we have e-mailed. If you would like to receive our newsletters in the future, please join our mailing list by clicking the link at the bottom of this page.
Have a great day,
Girsh P. Kelkar, Ph.D.
- Spring 2015 Welding
- Learn how a crown on a fusion weld helps the weld but make sure you don't have weld overlap. Get a basic introduction to resistance welding
- Fall 2014
- Do you want to get to the core values of welding? And how about conduction mode laser welding. Also find out how corrosion is good for weld analsyis.
- Summer 2014
- Learn about importance of having a single failure mode. Get an intro to induction brazing. And who is Ms. Moly B. Denum?
- Spring 2014
- Learn about tack welding and active metal brazing. And what's up Manganese in steels?
- Winter 2013
- Learn why solder should be stirred, not shaken. Find out about Plasma Welding. And how about Regular Unleaded?
- Fall 2013
- How does welding raise a storm in a teacup? Click to find out. Also learn about keyhole welding and basics of polishing.
- Summer 2013
- Find out how metals mix on the welding trail; learn about metal transfer in MIG welding; and how party poopers mess up the fun of welding
- Spring 2013
- Learn how to prevent your weld from throwing a temper tantrum, the benfits of MIG welding, and how Stainless Steel got its name
- Fall 2012
- Learn about Arc Blow, TIG Welding, and how to dress for a successful weld
- Summer 2012
- Find out the correct method to focus a laser, learn about "stick welding" and the importance of properly grounding your welds.
- Spring 2012
- Learn about groove welding and also the basics of an arc. Find out why Darth Vader is doing the right thing.
- Winter 2011 - Welding
- Does spatter really matter? Only one way to find out! And what exactly are Tailor Welded Blanks (TWB)?
- Fall 2011 - Welding
- Read a fictional story about Elemental Attaractions, learn about Impulse Welding, and make a note of a Titanic problem
- Summer 2011
- Walk along a road less traveled and learn about Cold Metal Transfer (CMT), followed tips on how to avoid Copper Contamination Cracking.
- Spring 2011
- Learn about importance of heat balance in welding and then go deep with Underwater Welding. Finally, a short commentary on how to kill a steel.
- Winter 2010
- Read about TRIP steel used in cars, nuances of Flash Welding, and uses of Nickel in welding
- Fall 2010
- Understand causes of weld stress, read about Thermit welding, and find out why sulfur stinks!
- Summer 2010
- Read about how welding heat affects the HAZ. Get a glimpse of diffusion welding and find out why porsities are no big deal
- Spring 2010
- Learn about dissimilar metal welding and get a feel for friction stir welding. Also find out why Oxygen can be a kiss of death for your welds.
- Winter 2009
- Delve into difference between Solid-State Welding and Solid-State Bonding; Learn about a process called Weldbonding. And how about that little big element called Hydrogen - how does it affect weld quality.
- Fall 2009
- Read about Electron Beam Welding, difference between brazing and soldering, and learn about composition of "soot" in laser welding
- Summer 2009
- Understand why cross sections are the soul of weld analysis; learn about ultrasonic welding, and how Chromium helps steel become "Stainless"
- Spring 2009
- Read about Austenite: Mother of Microstructures, Feedback Controls - Future of Welding, and how welding saved Berlin
- Fall 2008
- Download an artilce on "Anatomy of a Laser Pulse for Welding." Also includes upcoming events, Hybrid Laser/GMAW welding, and a brief history of Gold.
- Summer 2008
- Download an article titled "Weld Cracks - Engineers Worst Nightmare". Also includes Upcoming Events, Explosive Welding, and a brief history of the name Tungsten
- Spring 2008
- Topics: Upcoming Events, Definition of Good Weld, Fiber Lasers - The New Frontier, and Weld Cracks in Liberty Ships During World War II
Cerritos, California 90703