Sustainable Brands London Conference

  SB Business brought to you by sustainable life media   
September 4, 2012      
    News & Tools for Forward-Thinking Brands tweetfacebookLinkedin
FORWARD TO A FRIEND >
     Home       News & Views       Research       Events       Digital Learning       Solutions
      In Pursuit of Zero
  In Pursuit of Zero
Rather than an incremental approach to sustainability, we need giant leaps in relation to issues such as climate change, with the ultimate goal of transformational, systemic change. Instead of focusing on a 10% improvement on a sustainability metric (leaving operations 90% unsustainable), what would happen if companies set their sights on zero?
Read More...
 
     
             
  ALSO THIS WEEK
divider
Welcome to the World of Sustainable Business Metrics
Welcome to the 2nd annual edition of Sustainable Brands' Issues In Focus: New Metrics of Sustainable Business. During the month of September, you will discover new breakthroughs in metrics that drive business, organizational, human, environmental and societal sustainability, and have the potential to drive financial value.
Read More...

divider
SABMiller Launches Zambian Water Project, Expands Water Futures Partnership
The Water Futures Partnership – an initiative founded by SABMiller, WWF and Deutsche GIZ in Africa – is launching a new project in Zambia and expanding its organizational scope. The new project is aimed at protecting the Itawa Springs, which supplies water to the residents and businesses in the city of Ndola.
Read More...

divider
H&M Bans Water-Repellent Chemical Treatment
Swedish clothing company H&M will institute a ban on Perfluorinated Compounds (PFCs) in its products beginning January 1, 2013. PFCs are used to achieve water repellent function, mainly on outer wear garments, but also on shower curtains, tents, and other fabrics meant to come into contact with water.
Read More...
divider
Walmart Joins Sustainable Agriculture Initiative
Walmart is the newest corporate member of Field to Market, an initiative started by the non-profit Keystone Center to foster more sustainable agricultural practices, according to a Reuters report. Walmart is the first retailer – and now the largest member – in the group, which includes numerous Fortune 500 companies and industry associations.
Read More...

divider
Do you want to share your insights, observations and points of view regularly with the readers of SB Business Weekly? To be considered as a contributor, please email our editorial department with your relevant credentials, several column ideas and 1 writing sample. Please review our editorial guidelines before submitting.
     


Solution Providers:






 
           
     
  Sustainable Life Media is home for business professionals looking to build new value and competitive advantage by innovating more sustainable processes, practices and products. We bring you top stories related to the what, who and how of environmental and social innovation, and help you connect with thought leaders, peers, partners and solutions providers that can help you quickly reach your goals.   facebook icon   Twitter Icon   Linked In icon  
         
  Terms of Use      Privacy      Unsubscribe     Contact  
 
This work is licensed under a CreativeCommons License. Copyright Sustainable Life Media Inc. 2012