ARTA Canada Provides Online Comment Form
for TICO Rate Increase Submissions Due by 30 April 2011
Travel Agents are Reminded to
Provide Comments Before Deadline
Toronto, 27 April 2011: Canada's Association of Retail Travel Agents (ARTA Canada) reminds travel agents that TICO wishes to raise registration and renewal rates by 20%. TICO claims justification for this increase because:
- Registration fees have not increased in five years.
- The number of registrations is decreasing, which means less registration revenue for TICO while TICO’s costs to maintain operations have not decreased. The average decline in registrations over the last five years is 2.5 per cent.
ARTA Canada opposes this rate increase because:
- The increase far exceeds the decrease in registrations.
- The fact that no increase has occurred during the past five years is no excuse to raise the fees now.
- TICO, like all travel organizations, must tighten its belt and operate within its means.
TICO has requested comments from travel agencies by 30 April 2011.
ARTA Canada has provided a comment form to assist travel agents in transmitting comments to TICO before the 30 April 2011 deadline.
To submit comments, please visit www.artacanada.ca/ticorates or click on the button below.
About ARTA Canada
ARTA Canada is the largest non-profit federally incorporated professional association of travel retailers in Canada, the members of which consist exclusively of travel agencies and travel agents. In addition to advocating fair and equitable treatment of travel consumers, ARTA Canada represents the commercial and strategic interests of its member travel agencies and travel agents in a variety of national and provincial domains including regulatory and legislative matters, automation, technology, sales and marketing, and distribution.
ARTA Canada is the strategic partner in Canada of the U.S.-based Association of Retail Travel Agents (ARTA). For complete details about ARTA Canada's new $99 membership campaign or to join ARTA Canada, including secure payment on our web site, please visit www.artacanada.ca/join.