Join Us for Reunion Food TastingIf you live in the Denver/Boulder area, join us on Saturday, October 8 [6:30 pm Pre-Dinner Cocktails (no-host) and 7:00 - 8:30 Dinner] at the Omni in Broomfield to take part in the reunion food tasting for the optional Thursday night Thai Dinner choices. The cost is $30 inclusive. Contact Maile for details and to RSVP; then get in touch with your inner food critic!
|Omni Interlocken - Broomfield, CO|
Rocky Mountain Thai - August 2-5, 2012
Colorado awaits you and so will your classmates. So why not join them August 2-5, 2012 for our next biennial all-class-years reunion? Whether you are a regular reunion goer or this is your first, you will reconnect with old friends and make new ones. What other school have you attended that puts on an party every two years in different US locations and all you (and your best friends) have to do is show up? ISB Network reunions are envied by many International School alumni associations and often your Board is asked, "What is your secret to such successful reunions?" We are always happy to share our formula, but come find out for yourself what makes our reunions so special. Make your hotel reservations today and then plan to show up next August. We'll be expecting you!
|Welcome New Board Members|
The BOD is happy to welcome Nicole Petschulat 1983 and Helen Tinson 1985 as new Board members.
Nicole replaces Todd Lockhart 1977 as Treasurer and Helen takes over as Director of Class Representatives, replacing Tom Reynolds 1969. When you see them at the reunion, please give them a warm welcome. Here is some "getting to know you" information about both of them:
|Nicole Petschulat '83|
- Where were you born? Luedenscheid, Germany
- Where do you call home? Currently Residing in Fairfield, Connecticut
- Status of your siblings and class years? My older brother, Michael Petschulat (class of 80), is currently residing in New Jersey and works as a Manager for Med-Apparell, a division of Unitex. My younger brother, Oliver Petschulat (class of 84), lives in Georgsmarienhütte, Germany and works as a computer consultant for IBM.
- What did you do right after you left ISB? Moved to New York to complete High School/College
- First Job? While in High School I worked at Caldor's.
- What have you done since completing your schooling? I have always been very comfortable with numbers so I have worked in Accounting/Finance since 1987, the majority of that time was in the Leasing Industry. I have 3 children ages 21, 19 and 10.
- When did you first attend an ISB Network event? Virginia 2010
- What brings you back to subsequent reunions? I have only attended one reunion so far, but have to say, that there is very little that can hold me back from attending future reunions. I had such a great time and feel I made some life long connections.
- Closing remarks... Joining the ISB Network and now serving as Treasurer of the organization is a commitment I take very seriously. I look forward to assisting in the preparation of many reunions to come and meeting even more people from a school I am very happy I once attended. Bangkok was my home for 4 years and the most difficult for me to leave.
|Helen Tinson '85|
- Where were you born? - Al-Khobar, Saudi Arabia
- Where do you call home? Toronto, Ontario...but happily residing in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Status of your siblings and class years? My brother, Peter Tinson, is 2 years younger (class of 87!). He is currently owner and Executive Chef of The Gallery Bistro in Springfield, Missouri
- What did you do right after you left ISB? Moved to the States to attend university.
- First Job? In college I worked at a Hallmark store in "the mall." UGG! But it prepared me well for my career in public relations.
- What have you done since completing your schooling? How much time do we have? :) I work for the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency in public affairs. Specifically, I work on emergency response communications (like hurricanes!), risk communications and community involvement and outreach.
- When did you first attend an ISB Network event? The Long Beach, CA Reunion...was that 1998?
- What brings you back to subsequent reunions? Are you kidding?! Everything! It's been an absolute joy to re-connect with friends from 25 years ago and become friends with so many wonderful people from the classes before us!
- Closing remarks... No matter where you go or what you do in life, there remains the undeniable tie that binds us all...ISB and our "other" home, Thailand. It's in our hearts and souls forever and has contributed profoundly to who we are today.
|Haven't Made Your Hotel Reservation Yet?
We'd like to know if you're coming - and the best way for us to find out is to put yourself on the "Who's Coming List
." How do you do that? The first step is to book your hotel room. The second step will be registering for the reunion which we expect to have up and running in November (just in time for holiday gift giving.) Think of your favorite sibling who is difficult to buy for and has everything or that best friend you know would find a reunion registration to be the perfect gift! Call 1-800-843-6664 & tell them you are with the 2012 ISB Reunion.
Consider sharing a room to share the costs with a classmate or make a new friend. A Roommate Wanted List will be posted soon. Reserving your room requires only a credit card (you will not be charged until you check out at the end of the reunion) and if you do it now, you'll be able to cross one more thing off your To-Do list! If you find your plans change as the reunion approaches, you can always cancel. By making your reservation now, you help us make our room block commitment which will allow us to add more rooms to our block AND move us one step closer to taking over the hotel!
ISB Network Board of Directors
email the Board
|R2K Reunion Logo|
|Contest Voting to Begin Soon.|
|All submissions are in and your Board of Directors is impressed with both the number of logo entries as well as the creativity among us. Now we have the tough job of narrowing down the entries to the top 5 for our membership to vote for their favorite design that will be featured on T-shirts and communications moving forward related to the "Rocky Mountain Thai" reunion. Watch for an email from us this week with a link to your voting ballot. We are running about a week behind schedule so, thank you for your patience. The alumni whose design is selected wins a free room night at the reunion hotel. |