Sometimes my tips appeal to a specific group of legal nurse consultants. Other tips seem to have universal appeal. Below are the top 10 tips from my newsletter, as judged by the percentage of subscribers who viewed the newsletter.
1. Is $125/Hour a Myth? What's more universal than curiosity about the salaries of other LNCs? This newsletter explores some of the findings of AALNC's salary survey.
2. Are you Annoying? There are life situations and personality traits that annoy clients. Do any of these apply to you?
3. Billing Blunders. You want to be paid as an LNC. Making these mistakes will negatively affect your bottom line.
4. Best Time to Land a Job. Certain times of the year are great for landing law firm jobs.
5. 4 Little Details. These four little details will make your written reports look polished.
6. Legal Lingo. When medical malpractice attorneys refer to "meds," they're not talking about medications.
7. Setting Your Fees. Charge too much, and you won't get clients. Charge too little and you won't make a profit. Here are three ways to set your legal nurse consulting fees.
8/9. (Tie) Formatting Documents. You would think that emailing a document would be easy. Unfortunately, sometimes the document's formatting gets messed up when you email documents.
8/9. (Tie) Deciphering Illegible Handwriting. Bad handwriting is endemic in the medical profession. These tips will help you make sense of illegible handwriting.
10. 10 Things Experts Should NOT Write. Testifying experts need to be careful about what they post on social media sites and write on resumes, CVs, and websites.