|We hear a lot about "green cleaning," but where do we start?
Here are a few tips:
1) Use cleaning products made from safe, natural, non-toxic ingredients.
2) Avoid room deodorizers or other air freshening products because they frequently contain unhealthy chemicals.
3) Do NOT use aerosol products to avoid inhaling droplets of chemicals that can remain suspended in the air for hours.
4) Use chlorine-free dishwasher detergent to prevent releasing the easily vaporized chlorine chemicals into the air your breath.
5) Dust with a damp mop to ensure that dust, which can collect toxins, is removed and not stirred back into the air.
6) Replace your disposable wipes, sponges and paper towels with some good old-fashioned rags.