Choose one-of-a-kind elements that match your style. This open attitude towards design makes your search for items more expansive as ever. Here are just a few ways to bring uniqueness into your home:
1. Opt for Custom-Designed Furniture: Instead of shopping at mass-produced furniture stores, have a piece of furniture custom-designed for you. Customized furniture is becoming more and more popular. Imagine having a sofa or table that is the perfect size, shape, color and pattern - and with all the exact details you want!
2. Reinvent Existing Pieces: You can add tassels and trim to upholstered items, apply unique moldings to tables and cabinets, or paint wooden furniture.
|You never know what you will find at yard sales, estate sales, and flea markets, but that is the fun in the hunt!|
3. Shop at Flea Markets, Unique Fairs, and Estate Sales: The pieces you find will be much more distinctive that what you might get at the usual stores. Shopping at markets and estate sales, you can find great bargains and interesting accessories and antiques that have a history rather than a hard to peel off sticker price.
4. Create Your Own Accessories: The interest in hand-crafted materials continues to grow, so why not craft your own piece? It will not only be one-of-a-kind, but it will have special meaning to you and your family - and be a great conversation starter for guests!
5. Use a Designer: Professional designers and decorators have access to many more resources than you have as a homeowner. They are able to help you select and create a truly customized piece from a wide variety of fabrics, trims, and other materials.
When you combine new technology with your own imagination, you can create a distinctive, one-of-a-kind home. How trendy, how you!
Interested in creating a personal space for 2011? Contact Decor by Denise today at 703-714-7343 or at email@example.com to learn how we can help you transform your home.