|Client at a Glance|
|Who: Mennonite Home Communities of Ohio
What: Continuing care retirement community
| Upcoming Events |
|See us next at:
AAHSA national conference Oct. 31-Nov. 3, 2010Los Angeles, CA
|Our Team |
Richard L. Gerig, MEd, Principal
Rebecca S. Drumm, CFRE, Principal
Sherilyn R. Ortman, BA, Associate
J. Daniel Hess, PhD, Associate
Michael D. Wiese, PhD, Associate
|Ground blessing set for Elkhart offices project|
the Mennonite Church USA executive board, the Mennonite Education Agency board,
and the Mennonite Mission Network board recently affirmed a recommendation to proceed with construction of a new office facility
adjacent to the campus of Associated Mennonite Biblical Seminary (AMBS) in Elkhart, IN.
Construction is scheduled to begin in June. Read more.
|In Theory & In Practice|
Glencroft: How one CCRC is coping with recession
Jay Shetler knows the value of a sizeable, committed donor base. As CEO of Glencroft, a large continuing care retirement community (CCRC) in Arizona, Shetler is helping his board think creatively about continuing to develop relationships with donors at a time when every thought, every action and every decision seems colored by one word: recession.
|Ask the consultant
Q: What is the board's role in advancement?
A: Board members carry an important role in organizational advancement efforts. In an ongoing way, board members should expect to:
Do you have a question to "ask the consultant?" Email us!
- Designate adequate resources for the advancement program, including personnel and budget, and review results annually.
- Consider potential board members who are experienced in fundraising or well-connected to possible funding sources.
- Partner with the CEO and staff to maintain strong, healthy relationships with all key constituencies.
- Host and/or be enthusiastic presence at special events.
- As appropriate and comfortable, identify prospective donors, personally solicit gifts and thank individual donors.
- Be regular, generous contributors to the organization.
staff, company addresses in effect |
Last quarter we
made readers aware of new website and email addresses for AAI. Those
are now fully operational and, while our current addresses will continue
to work until sometime in 2011, you are encouraged to make note of the
switch and begin using the addresses below: