5 Star Regional Chamber

Members E-news - March 2012     

A publication of the Melbourne Regional Chamber of East Central Florida 

Networking Tip #04
 Tree Frog 
The Gentle Art of Conversation
A key quality of great networkers is their style of conversation. They are focused, listen carefully and are non-confrontational in their style. Some good advice from a Chinese proverb:  Do not remove a fly from your friend's forehead with a hatchet.

 Member & Ambassador News

Several of our Members recently celebrated Grand Openings and other Special Events with a Ribbon Cutting ceremony.  Thank you to the Chamber Members and Ambassadors who attend these events to show their support, as well as our Sponsor, PNC Bank.
Chase Bank
Anytime Travel Solutions, LLC
Menchie's Frozen Yogurt
Denwood B. Parrish, Financial Professional, LLC

Join Our Mailing List

 Space Shuttle

 FACP Logo 

"Tips for Social Media" 

Submitted by:  Cheri Martin
Social Media Coach- WCN Interactive, Inc.  


Facebook has made a major update to their business pages, the new Timeline. There are tons of cool ways to make use of the Timeline's new features for all businesses, large and small. You can now create a whole new world for your fans and help them get to know you better by adding company milestones and product information on the Timeline.


The most prominent change is the cover photo image; this large photo gives the Facebook page more of a website look and feel. The dimensions for the cover image is 851 x 315 pixels, if you upload an image that's smaller than these dimensions, it will get stretched to the larger size, but know the image must be at least 399 pixels wide.


There are some rules you need to follow to stay in compliance with Facebook; DO NOT put contact info, such as websites and phone numbers, calls to action or arrows pointing to the 'LIKE ' in your cover image; see more Page Guidelines at www.facebook.com/page_guidelines.php. Change the cover image often to entice fans to come back to visit your page and see what's new, on average only 5% of your fans ever come back to the page, the other 95% view your page in the news feed. So get creative, make your page a mix of both you and your community and build a culture of mutual respect between you and your fans.

We are proud to announce Chamber Member Renewals for the month of FEBRUARY 2012, including our DIAMOND Members who have been our partners for 20 years or longer. 


40 to 45 Year Members

43  Berman Hopkins Wright & LaHam, CPA's

      & Assoc., LLP

41  Gator Chrysler Suzuki, Inc.

42  S&S Jewelers, Inc.


30 to 35 Year Members

32  Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront

33  Joyal Construction

30  South Brevard Sharing Center, Inc.


25 to 30 Year Members

27  AT&T Advertising

28  Carr, Riggs & Ingram

29  Century 2001 Custom Screen Printing &  

      Promotional Products

26  Courtyard by Marriott

26  Goodwill Industries of Central Florida

27  Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront

29  The Lakes of Melbourne

29  Servpro of South Brevard/Servpro of

      West Brevard

26  Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.


20 to 25 Year Members

24  AAA / Auto Club South

20  Cobb & Walls Insurance Agency

24  Indian River Colony Club

21  Melbourne Greyhound Park

24  MH Williams Construction Group, Inc.

24  Shein & Wente, LLC

20  Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.


15 to 20 Year Members

18  Auntie Anne's Soft Pretzels

18  Garrison Insurance Agency

19  Petals Flower & Gift Shoppe, Inc.

17  Windemere Inn By The Sea

10 to 15 Year Members

13  Buena Vida Estates, Inc.

13  Judge David Dugan

10  Get Fired Up Pottery

13  Grasshopper Airboat Ecotours

11  Hobbs Electric, Inc.

10  LINE-X of Brevard


5 to 10 Year Members

Brevard Family Partnership

Early Learning Coalition of Brevard

Ichiban Cleaning, Inc.

Income Tax and More

ISO Group, Inc.

8  Jason's Deli

Nat Kaye Band

netDirective Technologies

Residence Inn Melbourne

Taranto Realty, LLC

The Avenue Viera

Welsh Companies

Zeeke & Associates


0 to 5 Year Members

A Taste of Thai Cuisine Restaurant

All Cities Expo Services, Inc.


Avon Representative

Bob Evans Restaurant - Suntree

Brevard County Professional Firefighters

    Benevolent Assoc.

2  Brio Italiano

Cingular, Inc.

Cross-Cut Shredding, Inc.

D'organizer, Inc.

Diamond Community School, Inc.

Eagles Rise Design, LLC

Elizabeth L. Wall, CPA

Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott

Foreign Car Clinic

Foundation Title & Settlement Services, LLC

Franklin Special Event Productions

Frazier Engineering, Inc.

Thank you for your Chamber membership and your participation. Remember to call the Chamber for a referral the next time you need a product or service.