4 DAYS UNTIL WALK - 34 DAYS TO FUNDRAISE
$76,406 Raised - $130,000 Goal
The 2012 Walk For Lupus Now Raleigh is taking place in just 4 days AND we have raised nearly 60% of our goal. That is only $53,594 to go AND we still have a month after the walk to continue fundraising!! That means there is still time to ask every and anyone to join YOU on Sunday, show them what it's all about!
This Newsletter includes all the event details you will need leading up to Sunday's event. Make sure to share these details with everyone walking with you. We can't wait to see you there! Making a difference starts with one step!
|Walk for Lupus Now is a rain or shine event. Lupus doesn't take a day off, so neither can we! |
FORECAST There is a 60%-70% chance of rain on Sunday, so make sure to bring your rain gear, so you can sing in the rain with us. Click here to keep track of the forecast.
IN CASE OF SEVERE WEATHER As you know, weather can be a guessing game. As you can imagine, after a year of planning for the walk, if at all possible, we want to hold the walk, especially since there's not an option for a rain date. But with that being said, participant safety is top priority. IF the threat of SEVERE weather persists, cancellation could be determined. In the case of cancellation, all participants and media would be notified by email & phone. We will also post any weather related news on the front of our walk website immediately.
|ZAP THOSE ZEROS CONTEST - As you know, while the walk is one of our most powerful awareness tools, it is first and foremost a fundraising event to support the work we do every day.
To help you "zap the zero" on your fundraising total, we've got a contest going on between now & midnight Thursday, April 19th:
- Anyone who raises $25 or more will go in the drawing to win a $25 Target Gift Card.
- We will announce our winner on Friday, April 20th. All you have to do is turn in $25 by midnight this Thursday.
|Sunday, April 22, 2012
NCSU Centennial Campus
851 Main Campus Drive, Raleigh, NC 27606
Registration: 1:30pm Walk Begins: 3:00pm
- The Start/Finish Location will be in the grass area next to Partners III Building of the NCSU Centennial Campus (851 Main Campus Drive, Raleigh, NC 27606
). Free parking
is provided in the two parking garages
off of Partners Way. There is NO Street Parking
at NCSU on Sunday.
ARRIVE EARLY - Arrive at the Walk site early for easy check-in. Registration begins at 1:30pm, but most people come at the very last minute, so the earlier you arrive, the quicker you'll get through the registration line.
EVERY WALKER MUST COME TO REGISTRATION
- Each individual walker MUST check in at the Registration area regardless of whether you are turning in money or not. This is the only way for you to collect your Meal Wristband. If someone else registered you for the walk, you will be required to sign a waiver form. Save yourself some time at registration by printing and bringing your completed waiver
- Walkers can make their way around the 1 mile walk along the beautiful Greenway or stroll the 5K (3.1 miles) walk around the vast Centennial Campus and along Lake Raleigh. Click Here
to view the Route Map.
GET CHRIS WILCOX'S AUTOGRAPH
Don't miss your chance to get NBA basketball star, Chris Wilcox of the Boston Celtics
, autograph between 1:30 - 2:30pm. Stop by his table, located near the stage.
FOOD & BEVERAGES
- Refreshments will be provided. We'll have two rest stops stocked with food, one sponsored by local favorite, Sammy's Tap & Grill
. The Finish Line Celebration will be sponsored by Jersey Mike's Subs
TEAM PHOTOS - Teams may get their photos taken between 1:30pm and 2:30pm at the Team Photo area near the Start/Finish Line balloon arch. Gather your team and make your way to the photographer stationed there.
TEAM CAPTAIN & LUPUS THRIVER PHOTOS - We will gather ALL Walk Team Captains & ALL Lupus Thrivers for 2 separate photo shots before the opening ceremonies, be sure to keep an ear out for the announcement.
KIDS ZONE TENT - We will have a children's area packed full with various activities: face painting, bubbles, and other crafts organized by the Girl Scouts.
PLAN A PICNIC - Bring your lawn chairs and blankets and enjoy all the festivities with us! NO personal tents or grilling allowed.
|Sponsored by: |Jersey Mike's Subs of the Triangle They're back for a 3rd year!! It started back in 1956 and now today, the authentic taste - served Mike's way with lettuce onions, tomatoes, oil, vinegar, and spices - is available nationwide. After walking up an appetite, get ready to chow down on delicious submarine sandwiches, chips, and cookie from Jersey Mike's Subs!
|There will also be food and refreshments provided along the route!! |
Rest Stop #2 Sponsored by:
Sammy's Tap & Grill
As NCSU's staple Sports Bar, Sammy's Tap & Grill is celebrating their 12th year of great food and great times. All of their food is prepared in house, with a mostly "made from scratch menu", and they are praised by many casual dining customers as having, "the best wings and the best food anywhere". Stop by their rest stop to try their famous Buffalo Bite Wraps.
We are beyond excited to be partnered up with such great, community-oriented companies for the 4th Annual Walk for Lupus Now in Raleigh!
|PLEDGE DEADLINE FOR PRIZES: May 22, 2012|
2012 TOP INDIVIDUAL FUNDRAISER PRIZES:
#1 - Week Stay at Beachfront Condo in Isle of Palms, 1 and 1/2 Dozen Cupcakes
Total approx value: $2,500
#2 - Two Tickets to 2012 Mardi Gras Gala, One night stay in Charlotte, NC, Von Kekel Salon Gift Card $100 Gas Gift Card, 1/2 Dozen Cupcakes
Total approx value: $700
#3 - Foursome Round of Golf at Hope Valley Country Club and Tiramisu/North Ridge Pub Gift Card, 1/2 Dozen Cupcakes
Total approx value: $600
#4 - Three Month Massage Heights Membership, Great Wolf Lodge Splash Passes and 1/2 Dozen Cupcakes
Total approx value: $435
#5 - One Night Stay at Grove Park Inn, 618 Bistro Gift Card and 1/2 Dozen Cupcakes
Total approx value: $350
#6 - Vinnie's Steakhouse Gift Card, S. Davis Makeup Session and 1/2 Dozen Cupcakes
Total approx value: $275
#7 - Flemming's Steakhouse and Little Chef's Cooking Studio Gift Cards, Which Wich Basket and 1/2 Dozen Cupcakes
Total approx value: $170
#8 - Glenwood Grill and Cafe Carolina Bakery Gift Cards and 1/2 Dozen Cupcakes
Total approx value: $125
#9 - Sammy's Tap & Grill and 18 Seaboard Gift Cards and 1/2 Dozen Cupcakes
Total approx value: $75
#10 - Chophouse Restaurants Gift Card and 1/2 Dozen Cupcakes
Total approx value: $50
2012 PRIZE RULES:
- All contributions must be submitted online, personally turned in to the LFA, Piedmont Chapter and/or postmarked by May 22, 2012 to be counted towards the prize results.
- Prize winners will be determined and announced by June 1, 2012 and a complete list of winners will be posted on www.lupuslinks.org. Prize winners will be personally notified. NOTE: The individuals and teams listed on the main page of the Walk for Lupus Now site as the top fundraisers will not be counted as the final winners, but rather as only an estimate.
- Corporate matching gifts will count towards individual total money raised if the individual has completed and submitted the matching gift forms by May 22, 2012.
- Restaurant gift certificate prizes do not include tax, gratuity or alcohol.
- Redemption of hotel gift certificates is subject to availability.
- All Top Fundraiser Prizes are donated.
Tweet with us! Use #LupusWalkRAL
|VOLUNTEERS |We could still use a few more volunteers
in the following roles: Setup
Carolyn if you can help!
Thursday, April 19
Learn from the Experts
Lupus and Pregnancy
Sunday, April 22
Walk for Lupus Now Raleigh
NCSU Centennial Campus
Lupus Awareness Month
Saturday, May 5
Learn From the Experts
Vivir Con Lupus (Spanish)
Thursday, May 10
World Lupus Day
Tuesday, May 15 Learn from the Experts
Living with Lupus
Friday, May 18
Put On Purple Day
Tuesday, May 22
Last Day to Fundraise for Raleigh Walk
Tuesday, June 12
Click here for upcoming walk events.