|Achieve Financial Health|
Next Wednesday, May 28th, from 7 - 8pm, Alaska Center for Acupuncture will present a FREE class about Finances and Your Health.
ACA is excited to present an interactive workshop
where you will learn to develop your
own financial "Road Map". The following topics will be
We still have a few spaces left for this class. Please call Alaska Center for Acupuncture at 745-8688 to register
About the presenter:
For a printable flyer to hang in your office or pass on to friends and family, please click the link below:
Personal note from Sam and Kevin: This is a topic that is very important to both of us. Learning how to manage personal finances can be a huge source of stress relief for individuals and families. The constant pressure of financial stress is a common source of chronic illness. Since we promote a prevention mindset at ACA, we are committed to looking at all aspects of a person's health and well-being. We believe that empowering you to make better decisions about ALL aspects of your life can help you to stay healthy and thrive. We hope to see you at the workshop!
The following is repreint of an article that we wrote for the Frontiersman. The original is available on our website at:
With positive press coming out every day about the benefits of acupuncture and Chinese medicine, the questions is "Why haven't you tried acupuncture yet?" If you've been considering acupuncture here are 10 reasons to get off the fence and try it for yourself:
1. No side effects - Unlike drugs and surgical procedures, acupuncture does not have disturbing side effects -In our experience, feeling great is the most commonly reported side effect.
2. Treatment according to your individual needs - No two people are alike. Thus, you will never be treated as just another case of "X" syndrome. Just because two people experience the same symptom, does not mean that the root cause is the same. The bonus of this kind of treatment is that other challenging symptoms or imbalances within the body will often improve as you develop greater vitality and thriving health.
3. Acupuncture practitioners will spend time with you - Most acupuncturists spend anywhere from an hour to two hours in the initial consultation and treatments may be 45 minutes to an hour long. This allows acupuncturists to deliver highly personalized patient centered care. You will not feel rushed to try and explain your concerns in a quick sound byte.
4. Finding out it's not "all in your head" - Many people come in our office with odd constellations of symptoms that don't make sense in terms of Western diagnosis. Sometimes they've been told that nothing can be done with conventional medicine or that the issue must be "all in your head because we can't find anything on a blood test, MRI, x-ray, CAT scan etc." Acupuncture often effectively treats syndromes or symptoms that don't have a clear explanation or treatment protocol with conventional medicine.
5. You don't have to be sick to come in for treatment - Acupuncture is powerful preventative medicine, so you don't have to wait for something to go wrong to receive benefits. Acupuncture is best utilized as part of a person's overall commitment to health and well-being and is most effective when combined with solid nutrition, regular exercise, adequate sleep and rest.
6. Acupuncture is just as effective at treating emotional issues like depression as it is at treating physical symptoms like chronic pain. In other words, we see great results treating the person who limps into our office with radiating back pain, and the person who walks in saying, "there's nothing physically wrong with me, I'm just really stressed out and perpetually unhappy all the time," also has great results from treatment.
7. Treatment is fun - We spend a lot of time laughing with our patients. Laughter is definitely one of the best medicines to lift the spirit and mobilize the well documented health benefits of being positive. Life sometimes comes with profoundly difficult challenges. But the fact remains that none of us are getting out of it alive. Why not be a little light-hearted and share some good laughs along the way?
8. Regular acupuncture treatment helps keep you healthy so you are less likely to need conventional medicine as often - most acupuncture patients report that they feel a greater sense of well-being, get sick less often and are less affected by life's stressors than they were prior to beginning treatment.
9. Low cost - acupuncture is relatively inexpensive when compared to modernized forms of health care. Consider these numbers: Blood pressure medication can cost $1,000 in a year's time. One MRI can be anywhere from $1,000-$4,000. Minor surgeries cost upwards of $10,000. Major procedures, like open heart surgery, are about $100,000. The diagnostic process leading up to surgery combined with post surgical care stack the costs considerably higher. Most physicians agree that these costs can be avoided by making lifestyle changes and adopting a preventative mindset. Without insurances coverage, a single major health event could easily bankrupt the average American family. With the average cost of acupuncture treatment around $100, even at 10 treatments, the out of pocket cost will be $1,000. The fact is: Combining a healthy lifestyle with a relatively small investment in acupuncture care will greatly reduce the likelihood of falling into a devastating financial crisis and it will likely increase your quality of life in a very positive way.
10. One third of the world's population uses acupuncture as their primary form of health care - Not that we're recommending that you do something merely because it's hugely popular, but since roughly 2 Billion people on the planet depend on acupuncture and Chinese medicine to keep them healthy, there might be a good reason for you to consider it too!
Kevin and Sam have co-authored a new e-book called "How to Thrive in the Modern World." If you are looking for a way to share information about the benefits of acupuncture with your friends and family, then look no further than this book. The e-book is short, easy to read, and answers many of the common questions people have about acupuncture. It's also a simple guide to understanding the basic principles, techniques and history of Chinese Medicine. Please take a moment to download the book and browse through it. We are always happy to answer any questions you may have about Chinese Medicine and how it can help you to acheive your health and wellness goals.
If you haven't seen this - it is a MUST WATCH!
Healing Path Therapeutic Massage
Pam will be providing chair massage at the
Downtown Palmer Plaza one day a week. (This is the
newly rennovated building that houses Turkey Red
Walk-ins are welcome or you may call to schedule your time. this makes a nice break in your work day or a time out while shopping. Call 715-8748 to schedule or for more information.
Gift certificates are available in your choice of increments from 5 to 30 minutes. When you purchase 5 gift certificates you receive one additional certificate free.
Time: 10 am to 6 pm