1. Where did you grow up? What school did you go to? I grew up in Oregon then moved to Montana my Junior year of high school which then lead me to Denver to attend the Denver School of Massage Therapy. Here I found my husband of 4 ½ years. We will be expecting our first child in September. I have 1 brother and 3 sisters and between them I have 10 nieces and nephews.
2. What did you want to be when you grew up?
I always wanted to be a marine biologist. Growing up I loved dolphins, whales and all sea life but my father informed me it was a hard field to get jobs in so I would be better off doing something where I can guarantee a job.
3. What are your hobbies? Anything sports related (watching and playing), playing piano, hunting, hiking, biking, camping, (pretty much anything outdoors).
4. Rumor has it you play tennis? Yes. I started playing tennis in middle school and from there I played throughout high school in both Oregon and Montana. I went to State both my junior and senior year of high school. Following high school I attended BYU - Idaho where I played tennis for 2 years and both years I took Champion. I ended up moving to Denver so it cut my tennis years short. Since I have been in Denver I teach tennis through the summer; mostly children because I love kids but I teach adults as well. I wish I had more time to play competitive tennis again but teaching is where my passion is now!
5. What/who motivates you? My mother motivates me the most. She is an incredible woman who has fought through many difficult things in her life and made it look easy. If I could be half the woman she is I would consider myself lucky.
6. What is your top advice for taking care of your health? The first step is to control your mind. Once you do that, exercise and eating healthy will come easy!!