1. Where did you grow up? What school did you go to?
I was born in Denver and raised in Commerce City. I am the youngest of 4 siblings. I attended the University of Phoenix and the Community College of the Air Force. I am currently working on Master's degree in health care administration through the University of Phoenix.
2. What did you want to be when you grew up?
I originally wanted to be a high school physical education teacher and athletic trainer. My ultimate dream back then was to work for a professional basketball team...taping Michael Jordan's ankles!!
3. What made you decide to become a physical therapy assistant?
I went to the University of Northern Colorado immediately after high school. The freedom of my parents living 50 miles away was not the strict environment that I was accustomed to and my 18 year-old self didn't know how to act. I decided to join the Air Force. My sister was a recruiter in the Air Force so it made it an easy decision. I had a choice between working as a radiology tech or physical therapist assistant. I chose PTA and have never regretted it.
4. What are your hobbies? Playing piano and DANCING!
5. What is your favorite book? Anything by Nicholas Sparks, I'm a hopeless romantic.
6. What is your favorite quote? I have two -
"Be responsible for the energy you bring into the room."
Jill Bolte Taylor, PhD.
"Don't let your wounds make you become something you are not."