ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP LUNCHEON
TUESDAY, JUNE 26, 2012
11:30 AM - 1:30 PM
Oregon Convention Center
777 NE Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
Portland, OR 97232
Register to Tania Sanchez at: firstname.lastname@example.org or online.
Joseph E. Robertson, Jr., MD, MBA
The Hispanic Chamber will host its Annual Membership luncheon on Tuesday, June 26th at the Oregon Convention Center in Portland, Ore.
Dr. Joseph Robertson, President of Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU), will give the keynote address.
Dr. Robertson has been OHSU's president since September 2006. He has led OHSU's strategic planning process, which has a vision to "improve the health and well-being of all Oregonians."
Dr. Robertson received his bachelor's degree in neuroscience from Yale University and earned his M.D. from Indiana University.
|The members of the Hispanic Chamber will elect its Board of Directors at the Annual Membership Luncheon on June 26th at the Oregon Convention Center in Portland.
The board nominees are:
- Gil Jimenez, Banker (Retired)
- Gustavo Cruz, Jr., U.S. Bank
- Berta Ferrán, Windermere Mortgage Services
- Rhonnda P. Edmiston, Howard S. Wright Constructors
- Henry Alvarez, Bank of the Cascades
- Rick Calero, Umpqua Bank
- Roberto Flores, Regence BlueCross BlueShield
- Samuel Hernandez, Hernandez Business Law, LLC
- Bernie Kronberger, Wells Fargo
- Rosa Martinez, Professional Minority Group (PMG)
- Elaina Medina, Portland General Electric (PGE)
- Eduardo Norell, Norell Design
- Celia Nuñez, State Farm Insurance
- Humberto Reyna, Reyna-Moore Advertising
- Brian Terrett, Legacy Health
2012 EMPLOYMENT &
TUESDAY, JUNE 26, 2012
1:30 PM - 5:00 PM
Oregon Convention Center
777 NE MLK Jr. Blvd.
Portland. OR 97232
Free to the Public!
The Hispanic Chamber will host its 10th Annual Employment & Business Fair on June 26th at the Oregon Convention Center in Portland, Ore.
Individuals, business owners and contractors interested in learning about employment and contracting opportunities should attend.
If you are interested in becoming an exhibitor, please click here or call 503.222.0280.
Thank you to our sponsors!
|List of Participants:|
- AAA of Oregon/Idaho
- American Family Insurance
- Benson Industries
- Bonneville Power Administration
- Cascade Centers, Inc. Employee Assistance Program
- City of Portland, Procurement Services
- City of Portland, Environmental Services & Transportation
- City of Portland, Water Bureau
- El Hispanic News
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- H&R Block
- Hispanic Metropolitan Chamber
- Home Forward
- Hoffman Construction
- Howard S. Wright
- Kaiser Permanente
- Legacy Health
- Multnomah County - Purchasing
- Multnomah County - Human Resources
- New Seasons Market
- N.W. Natural
- OR Business Department
- OR Dept. of Administrative Services
- OR Dept. of Transportation
- Oregon Health & Science University
- Oregon Human Development Corporation
- OR Institute of Technology
- OR Secretary of State/Corporation Div.
- Pacific NW Regional Council of Carpenters
- Philippine American Chamber of Commerce of Oregon
- Portland Community College
- Portland Development Commission
- Port of Portland
- Portland Police Bureau
- Portland Public Schools
- Sanford-Brown College
- Small Business Legal Clinic
- Spanish Yellow Pages
- The Standard
- State Farm Insurance
- Umpqua Bank
- United Way
- U.S. Bank
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife
- U.S. General Services Administration
- Washington County
|Small Business Technical Assistance
The Hispanic Chamber offers services to assist small businesses in the following areas:
- Business start-up
- Business expansion
- Development of accounting/bookkeeping systems
- Development of business plans
- Addressing financing/insurance issues
- Development of marketing materials
- Development and/or expansion of websites
- Review of current operations/management systems
- Identification of public/private procurement opportunities
- Referral to other business resources in the public/private sector
Services are free of charge (available in English or Spanish). Contact a Business Development Coordinator at 503.222.0280 to make an appointment.
| Free Contractor Continuing Education classes|
June 19, 2012 from 12 - 2 PM
The Home Depot has partnered with the Hispanic Metropolitan Chamber to offer Free Classes that will count as credit toward Contractor
Continuing Education in the State of Oregon.
Classes will be offered in English with Spanish Translations. All classes will be taught by experts in their field and vendor supported. Classes will also include hands on applications. This is a great way to fulfill your elective requirements for your Continuing Education requirements with the Construction Contractors Board, and it is FREE.
The classes will take place at three different locations:
Tigard Home Depot #4002
14800 SW Sequoia Pkwy
Tigard, OR 97223
North Salem Home Depot
3021 Cherry Ave NE
Salem, OR 97303
Eugene Home Depot
1045 Green Acres Road
Eugene, OR 97408
|The Hispanic Chamber welcomes...|
Pilar Montejo as new Business Development Coordinator who will be responsible for serving small business owners in Oregon and S.W. Washington.
Montejo has over 15 years experience designing, developing and delivering training programs for small businesses and leading organizational development projects for universities, government agencies and private companies.
Montejo has an MBA from Iberoamerican University, México and a bachelor's degree as as Industrial Engineer from the Industrial University of Santander, Colombia.
Rosa Martinez as new Board Member.
President of Professional Minority Group (PMG)
27090 SE HWY 224
Eagle Creek, OR 97022
|Workshop: "How to Grow Your Business Online" |
Thursday, June 14, 2012
Place: Hispanic Chamber Training Room Map
333 SW 5th Avenue, Ste. 100
Portland, OR 97204
Time: 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM
|Exhibit: "Memories of an Immigrant: Mayan Life of Guatemala |
The Hispanic Chamber invites you to a networking event featuring photography by Keren Ceballos on Thursday, June 21st.
Photo by Keren Ceballos
Thursday, June 21, 2012
Place: Conexiones & the Center for Trauma Recovery
3500 NE Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd., Suite 200
Portland, OR 97212
Time: 5:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Food and beverage provided.