Dr. Rosselló was elected Governor of Puerto Rico in 1992 and was re-elected in 1996 with the largest vote ever recorded for that office.
As Governor he propelled a variety of significant reforms which included:
- Restoring both English and Spanish as official languages
- Establishing wide-ranging health reforms based on the principle that health care should be the inalienable right of an individual, and not a privilege. The centerpiece of his reform was a universal health insurance plan for low-income individuals, allowing 1.8 million beneficiaries (45% of the population) to receive medical treatment.
- Reducing violent crime by more than 50% throughout the island in 8 years.
September 9, 2010 (Thursday)
Time: 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. Reception/Music
7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Keynote Speaker
Keynote Speaker: Dr. Pedro Rosselló, M.D., M.P.H., Former Governor of Puerto Rico
Topic: "The Social, Economic & Political Influence of Latinos in the U.S."
- Music - Silent Auction to benefit the Scholarship Fund
- Recognition of graduating Latino Leadership Class IV
- Announcement of Latino Leadership Class V
- ˇBravo! Awards
Place: Oregon Convention Center
Cost: $120 Member/$125 Non-members
Table of 10: $1,200 (Includes listing in the evening program)