New Standards Create Need for Safer,
"Covers It All"
Companies need to install floors that provide permanent protection from ESD (electrostatic discharge), but they also need to ensure that their anti-static flooring isn't too conductive. In "mission-critical environments" such as networked offices, call and dispatch centers, flight towers, imaging suites, and control rooms, carpet with the wrong conductivity may expose workers to electrical risks, including potentially lethal shocks.
Previously, the only options included mission-critical, ESD-grade carpet made with excessively conductive yarns and backings, or low kV computer-grade carpet that didn't adequately address the problem of static discharge. In response to this void and safety concerns, the standards organizations recently revised electrical grounding parameters for organizations in end-user facilities and electronics manufacturing ESD-Protected Areas (EPAs).
Producing a carpet for the best of two worlds, Staticworx has introduced ShadowFX , the first anti-static carpet that permanently reduces the risk of ESD damage, protects your liability, and meets the latest safety standards set by ANSI, FAA, Motorola, ATIS, and NFPA. * See example below.
Other benefits include:
Strong Visual Appeal
- ShadowFX is based on the concept of biomimicry and the random beauty of nature.
- The Patterns line features gradations that create depth and shadows, while the Solids line comes in a variety of solid colors.
- Non-directional patterns eliminate the hassle of matching patterns and dye batches, and hide wear and tear, the primary cause of carpet tile replacement.
- ShadowFX is installed with releasable adhesives, allowing for the easy removal of individual tiles, as opposed to the commonplace removal of entire rolls of broadloom carpet. This significantly reduces installation waste.
Reliable, Sustainable, Durable
- Eliminates guesswork for specifiers.
- Contains almost 50% recycled content and has low-emitting material.
- May qualify for LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) credits.
- 100% of yarn bundles are wrapped with Helix 44 denier static-control fiber.
- Withstands over 100,000 cycles of Phillips roller caster chair test.
- Lifetime warranty on static control.
- Made in America.
In terms of safety and aesthetics, we believe ShadowFX "Covers It All."
* Motorola R56, ATI-0600321, FAA 019e: ESD-grade carpet no longer approved for use around energized equipment and appliances.
To learn more about the new ESD standards, click here .
To view ShadowFX's product specifications, click here.
Please feel free to share these bulletins and give us your feedback. Let us know if you have suggestions for future editions and if you have questions, we're here to help.
Online Knowledge & Safety Center