Justin Lively, White Field, March 2003.
Wishing you a joyful holiday season and a very happy new year!
Thank you for sharing this past year with us--we can't wait to see you again in 2012!
Best wishes from the PRC Staff,
Glenn, Julie, Erin, & Laura
The PRC will be closed from Saturday, December 24 through Monday, January 2, 2012.
PRC Bookshop Open for Holiday Purchases!
Wishing that some of your friends and family members could have joined you at one of the latest PRC events? Don't worry, the PRC Bookshop is selling books from our past exhibitions and lectures, just in time for the holiday season!
Los Jardines de México by Janelle Lynch
$45 members | $53 general public
Other Books (member | general public prices):
* Eliot Dudik, Road Ends in Water - $27 | $32
* Mike Mandel & Chantal Zakari, The State of Ata - $38 | $45
* Monika Merva, The City of Children - $40 | $48
* Constantine Manos, A Greek Portfolio - $45 | $53
* Constantine Manos, American Color 1 - $108 | $127
* Constantine Manos, American Color 2 - $63 | $74
* Lynn Saville: Night Shift - $40 | $42
* Larry Volk and Danielle Currier: No Plastic Sleeves: The Complete Portfolio Guide for Photographers and Designers - $32 | $37
* Lori Waselchuk, Grace Before Dying - $36 | $42
* Catherine Wagner, Cross Sections - $51 | $60
* Catherine Wagner, Home and Other Stories - $64 | $75
PRC t-shirts are also for sale at the PRC. Come by and pick one up today!
To purchase a copy, please contact Laura Norris, PRC Bookshop Manager, at 617-975-0600, or stop by our gallery.
William Scully: Underwaterlillies
Water Lily Study No. 20
Beneath the beautiful colors, shapes, and lines of William's underwater world is a dark and inky universe we rarely experience, yet there is a hint of recognition from our evolutionary past. Tottering on this edge of sublime beauty and primordial darkness is a space that makes these photographs of water lilies so stunning.
Special Year-End Membership Discount
Join the PRC by January 15 and receive a 15% discount off all membership levels.
Membership with the PRC brings you into a community of people who are passionate about photography--artists, collectors, educators, curators, gallerists, writers, students, and photography enthusiasts. Membership also provides many valuable benefits including:
- Subscription to our magazine, Loupe
- Free admission to the PRC gallery
- Free admission to the PRC Aaron Siskind Library, one of the most comprehensive photography libraries in New England housing more than 5,000 books
- Discounts on lectures, workshops, books, and other PRC programs
- Registration discount for the annual New England Portfolio Reviews in May
- One free member portfolio review annually
- Eligibility to submit work to our yearly juried exhibition, Exposure
- Free admission and discounts at 25 affiliated photography institutions (through our Connections Program), including free admission to the International Center for Photography in NYC
Click here to join the PRC and save 15%!
IN THE GALLERY
Janelle Lynch: Los Jardines de México
November 29, 2011 - January 28, 2012
Janelle Lynch, Untitled 7, from the series El Jardin de Juegos.
The photographs in Los Jardines de México explore themes related to the life cycle and its representations in the urban and rural landscape. Made between 2002 and 2007, each project investigates, if not embraces, a specific facet of existence: loss, death, regeneration, and life.
Read the review in The Boston Globe >>
Read the review in BU Today >>
View the Flickr set from the Opening Reception >>
October Issues of Loupe should have arrived in your mailboxes and hopefully you are enjoying the portfolios and news found inside! If you have not received the October 2011 issue of Loupe, please contact Laura Norris.
Spring Semester Internship Opportunities
The PRC offers internships that provide insight into the inner workings of a non-profit visual arts institution. Internship positions available in photography, visual arts, exhibitions, and/or arts administration.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and two references to Julie Kukharenko. Reference the position for which you are applying. Include why you want to intern at the PRC and what you hope to accomplish.
More information >>
If you would like to advertise in this eNewsletter or in the PRC Magazine, Loupe, click here
Have other announcements? Feel free to post directly to our Facebook
Not on the PRC emailing list? Click below to receive this monthly e-newsletter.
|The PRC is supported in part by:|
and numerous individual sponsors.