R.R.E.E.L., Inc. Newsletter

Redwood Region Entertainment and Education Liaisons, Inc.

April 2012 

Issue No. 4
Film Friendly Caterers in the Redwoods
If the location is 99% of the shoot then food is the remaining 1%.  Well if your shoot brings you to Occupy Del Norte or Humboldt County, then you in for a treat!

We have amazing film friendly caterers with solid experience in serving your production needs.

For your convenience we have spotlighted a few from each county to give you taste of what to expect.



Cassandra Hesseltine 

Del Norte and Humboldt County's  

Film Commissioner


Del Norte County


Fabulous Food By Julie  

Fabulous Food By Julie will offer you the very freshest, homemade food -- everything selected by hand and as organic as possible.  They can meet any dietary restriction and still keep the food delicious. They worked locations on beaches, mountains, rivers, and forests and also have a gorgeous on site facility for up to 60 people.



"We will give you delectable gourmet food at rural prices."


-Julie Violante



On site facility.






Humboldt County


Cassaro's Catering provides healthy menu selections for the smallest crew to the largest cast. They will go on location with you to provide full day service or simple drop-off deliveries - even in remote areas. They honor all special requests, including dietary restrictions, vegan and vegetarian menus for breakfast, lunch, and dinner available and include hot lavender or lemongrass infused towels to keep you refreshed.


 e know you're
away from
home and working long hours. It's our goal to  
make you feel as comfortable as possible. We love taking  good care
of you!"
 -Chris Cassaro


Discovery Channel shoot at beach.    



Brett Shuller Fine Catering

Brett Shuler Fine Catering is one of Humboldt County's foremost caterers for creative menus, featuring delicious, elegant and sophisticated, eye pleasing dishes, using only the freshest and highest quality ingredients.  Their menus consider the seasonal bounty, and actively support local growers that engage in organic and sustainable agricultural practices.  Brett Shuler Fine Catering provides top notch service you'll want for your production.  


Previous clients include Merle Haggard, Ani DiFranco, Los Lonely Boys, Steve Martin, BB King, Bill Maher, and Willie Nelson.



"We have the ability
to be flexible and work around film schedule changes, unexpected logistical hurdles, and budgets."

-Brett Shuller 

Brett Shuller Fine Catering on location.  




In This Issue
About Del Norte
About Humboldt
1385 8th Street, Suite F
Arcata, California 95521
707.825.7600 office
707.502.0018 cell

Like us on FacebookFollow us on TwitterfilmDELNORTE
Like us on FacebookFollow us on TwitterfilmHUMBOLDT

Check out our new websites for filmDELNORTE and filmHUMBOLDT!  We are excited to showoff our majestic redwoods, unique beaches, and charming towns.  Of course, we are continuing to update our photo gallery so check back with us or contact us if you don't see something you think we might have.