Recipe of the Month
Pumpkin Cake with cream cheese frosting
1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
2 cups white sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 eggs, beaten
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
6 tablespoons butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 3/4-2 cups confectioners' sugar
3 teaspoons milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Beat pumpkin, sugar, oil and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
3. Add eggs and mix well.
4. Combine dry ingredients, except nuts (if using) and gradually add to pumpkin mixture, beating until well blended.
5. Pour into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking pan/dish.
6. Bake for 35- 40 minutes or until center tests done.
7. Cool completely before frosting.
8. (I keep mine in the pan-- I use a glass Pyrex baking pan).
9. The frosting: Beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla until smooth.
10. Gradually add sugar and mix until well combined and smooth.
11. Add milk and beat until frosting is the spreading consistency you desire.
12. Frost cake