|Specializing in Kitchen and Bathroom remodeling.|
Matt's recommendations for basic kitchen remodeling:
Whether your space is large or small, and whether the end result you want is pretty or pretty wild, you'll do best if you stick close to the following basic recommendations.
- Try to keep the straight-line distance between the sink, fridge, and cook top between 12 and 23 feet.
- Position the sink between the other two appliances, since it's used most often. (The sink's location may depend on pre-existing plumbing lines.)
- Allow for 36 inches of counter space to the right and 30 inches to the left of the range and sink if at all possible; if not, allow a minimum of 24 inches and 18 inches.
- It's tempting to place a tall fridge and built-in wall oven next to each other, but try not to; each needs its own landing space on both sides of the appliance for safety.
- Try to include a minimum of 10 linear feet of both base cabinets and upper cabinets.
- Utilize lazy Susans to make potentially wasted corners fully functional.
- Use pull-out drawers rather than reach-in, conventional cabinets for greatest convenience. If you're retro-fitting existing cabinets, have pull-out trays installed.
- Consider barrier-free design and products. They make life easier for children, pregnant women, and seniors as well as individuals with disabilities. They'll also add to the longevity of your kitchen.
The biggest factor influencing what type of kitchen you come up with will be the shape of the room itself.
Heavenly Chocolate-Berry Pie
1-1/4 cups HONEY MAID Graham Cracker Crumbs
2 -Tbsp. granulated sugar
5-Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
1-pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1/4-cup firmly packed brown sugar
4-squares BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, divided
2-cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
8-whole strawberries, cut in half
PREHEAT oven to 325°F. Mix crumbs, granulated sugar and butter; press firmly onto bottom and up side of 9-inch pie plate. Bake 10 min. Cool.
PLACE 3 of the chocolate squares in microwave bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1-1/2 min.; stir until chocolate is completely melted. Set aside. Beat cream cheese, brown sugar and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add melted chocolate; mix well. Gently stir in whipped topping. Spoon into crust. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
TOP pie with strawberries just before serving. Place remaining chocolate square in microwave bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 min.; stir until chocolate is completely melted. Drizzle over pie. Store leftover pie in refrigerator.
|Remodeling Innovations Group
3695 N 126th St Unit E
Brookfield, WI 53005