| Superior communications platform for DSM
Covering 570,000 m2, with 190,000 m2 of roads and buildings and a total floor area of 70,000 m2, DSM Nutritional Products (UK) is a chemical manufacturing site producing bulk vitamin C and B5 on a 24/7 basis.
Boston Networks recently designed and deployed a fully certified fibre optic backbone and structured cabling infrastructure throughout the Dalry site. Utilising cutting edge Cat6A Augmented cabling the entire infrastructure was fully tested by the skilled team of Boston Networks engineers' prior to installation.
The Boston Networks solution incorporates:
- Over 135 miles of fibre optic cabling
- 23 miles of Cat 6a Augmented Brand Rex cabling
- 44 state of the art network switches
- Over 800 outlets connecting 350 workstations, 11 servers and 100 printers throughout the site
- Multiple outlets to provide secure wireless connectivity to DSM employees and site visitors
- Over 2.5 miles of appropriate cable containment; preventing any risk to the network in the event of exposure to any harmful substances.
|weet's of the month|
Read our latest feature in the April edition of Construction Magazine. Read more.
Good to see spring is in the air as we are still working on the extension of Europe's largest onshore wind farm - Read more.