|A New Press Release from HomePNA|
For IMMEDIATE Release
HomePNA Adds Residential Gateway and Set-top Box Pioneer to Board
Pace plc Joins as Promoter Member
San Ramon, CA - March 15, 2011 - The HomePNA Alliance today announced that Pace plc, a leading global developer of technologies and products for managed subscription TV and broadband services, has joined the HomePNA Board of Directors as a Promoter Member. As the global set-top box market leader and the US market leader for residential gateways, Pace supplies set-top box and gateway solutions to operators around the world for applications such as IPTV, which rely on high performance home networks such as HomePNA to operate.
"The addition of Pace-a pioneer in residential gateway and set-top box technologies -- to our board reaffirms the strength of HomePNA as a premiere home networking platform for service providers," said Michael Weissman, president, HomePNA. "As a member of this alliance, Pace will help advance HomePNA as a technology standard that can dramatically reduce IPTV installation and operating costs, saving time and money for service providers."
"With more than 70 service providers worldwide using HomePNA for IPTV distribution and broadband access, it is clearly a key technology platform in the future of whole home convergence," said Mike Pulli, President, Pace Americas. "Joining the alliance leadership is the next logical step for us as we innovate solutions that give our customers the highest performance with the lowest installation cost."
Highlights / Key Facts
- Four of the top five largest telcos in North America deploying IPTV have selected HomePNA.
- More than 20 million HomePNA chipsets have been shipped, worldwide.
- HomePNA is currently deployed across five continents around the globe.
- HomePNA has helped service providers reduce installation costs by more than $800 million.
- Telcos that have deployed HomePNA generally experience higher fixed line retention, higher ARPU, and greater customer satisfaction.
- HomePNA 3.1 has been standardized by the ITU as Recommendation G.9954 - a major factor in telco adoption of the technology for IPTV and triple play.
- To date, the addition of HomePNA-enabled IPTV has generated more than $1 billion in new revenues for service providers.
Pace plc (LSE:PIC) is a leading technology developer for the global payTV industry, working across satellite, cable, IPTV and terrestrial platforms. Pace has one of the world's most experienced specialist engineering teams, developing intelligent and innovative products and services for both payTV operators and retail markets across the world.
Pace employs over 2000 people in locations around the world, including France, the USA, India and China. Pace's international headquarters are in Saltaire, West Yorkshire, UK. For more information on Pace, please visit www.pace.com.
About HomePNA HomePNA is an incorporated, non-profit association of industry-leading companies including AT&T, Motorola and Cisco working together to create, promote and certify multimedia home networking technology that operates over existing wires. HomePNA technology operates over coax cables and phone wires to deliver Internet Protocol (IP) services like IPTV, Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and data, often bundled by service providers as triple-play services. Founded in June 1998, HomePNA members represent cutting-edge international companies that span the networking, telecommunications, hardware, software and consumer electronics industries. For more information on HomePNA, visit www.homepna.org.