|Visit the Warehouse
and See What's New!4671 Tanglewood Drive
Hyattsville, MD 20781
Click here for directions
Hours: Wednesday 12-7
Making a large donation to CF? Need us to pick it up?
Please give one of our donation coordinators a call, or fill out our form online here. Thanks!
Aaron, Individual Donations: 301-832-0780
Meghan, Business Donations: 301-832-0781
Community Forklift Tool Sale
- we're having our biannual tool sale THIS SATURDAY, October 4th. Get here early -
doors open at 9 am, and there's usually a line outside the gate! Save the date: Community Forklift's 3rd Anniversary Party!Sunday November 16, 3-7pmat the warehouse... details coming soon!
CF Staff and Volunteers at our 2nd Anniversary
Green Events Around TownThe Anacostia Watershed 101October 7, 7:30 to 9:15 pmJim Connolly, Pres. of the Anacostia Watershed Society, will make a presentation on the watershed and our part in it.For more info call 301-946-5599.Takoma Green Homes Tour
Sun, Oct 5, 11am - 5pmThe Takoma Park Green Building Group is sponsoring a "Green Homes Tour"To get your copy of the tour guide, please visit: http://saveoursky.com/housetour08.aspxDC Solar Homes TourThe Solar Tour
is open Sat and Sun, Oct 4 and 5 and features over 50 homes in the
Greater DC area. Visit http://www.solartour.orgLocal Solar 101Wed, Oct 1, 6:30pmAttend this Free course on "How to Harness the Sun in the DC Metro Area"MLK Library - Room A9, 901 G St, NW, Washington, DC 20001For details and to RSVP, see http://alternativeenergy.meetup.com/239/calendar/8683569/Greenbuilding Workshops, Presentations and DiscussionsA
series of workshops covering natural building systems, principles, and
products. Hosted by Amicus Green Building Center, Builders Without
Borders and the US Botanic Gardens.Held at Amicus Green Building
Center, 4080A Howard Ave, Kensington, MD 20895-2465
Did you know that Community Forklift has successfully completed Co-op America's
screening process and has been approved
to be officially listed as a socially and environmentally responsible green business? We are now in their National
Green Pages™ directory!
All lights under $100 are 25% off!
Select fireplace inserts are only $25!
Vinyl, lineoleum, and marmoleum roll
flooring is only $0.25 a square foot!
50% off all reclaimed countertop ranges! Sale does not include ovens, stoves, new or
surplus cooktops, or ALCO consignment items.
Out in the yard - they're only a dollar
each! Great for building compost bins.
Check out the furniture section - many
items have been marked way down!
That's right, our free lumber pile is
back in the yard. Ask a staff member to
point you to the right direction.
Road still closed for construction
It's still very easy to get to us from Kenilworth Avenue, but for another week or two there will be a "Road Closed to Thru Traffic" sign that may confuse and scare customers away. (Please go to communityforklift.com/directionsClosed.cfm for detailed directions around the closure.)
Justice Morris (CF Customer) won First Prize in contest!
Justice Morris, 12 years old, came into Community Forklift with his family looking for affordable materials with which he could build a robot for a contest he was entering. The DC Region YMCAs sponsored their 14th Annual Thingamagig Invention Convention, where youth have to make up their own inventions using only recycled materials. They were also required to spend less than $20 on the entire project. Justice's project, called "Mr. Handsome," was made from various pieces of ductwork purchased at CF. The robot's head also lit up using solar power. Congratulations, Justice!
Call for Volunteers!
Volunteering is a great way to meet other Forklift Fans and do some good in the world, while earning $5 an hour in store credit. Please contact Ruthie at 301-985-5180 or Ruthie@CommunityForklift.com for more info. You can also check out our volunteer program during an orientation session, held most Saturday mornings at 10 am (you must call ahead to register). We need help:
* Right now! We urgently need help planning our huge 3rd Anniversary Celebration. You can sign up for the food, entertainment, press, fundraising, or cleaning committees. We are also seeking prizes for our silent auction (it's a great way to promote your business to thousands of local residents!)
* Sat., Oct. 4th, anytime between 9am to 5pm- help customers find their way around the road closure, and earn triple store credit. That's right, $15 an hour in store credit, and all ya gotta do is stand at the end of the road with a sign!! A costume or wacky shenanigans might earn you a bonus!
* Sat., Oct. 19th, anytime between 9am to 5 pm - Ruthie will be far away, wearing a hideous bridesmaid dress, so we'll be more short-staffed than usual. We sure could use your help in the store! You'd be greeting customers, handing out tape measures, and accepting donations (note - we prefer it if you attend an orientation before helping on this day).
* Sat. and Sun., Nov. 8 & 9 - it's Green Festival time!!! Come on down to the DC Convention Center and help staff our booth. You'll get free admission to the year's biggest trade show for sustainable businesses, great holiday shopping at the Fair Trade Fair, and all the organic food samples you can eat!
Thanks so much for any help you can give!
|CF in the News!As you may know, Community Forklift works to create local jobs that help people AND the planet. So, on Sept. 27th, we took part in the "Green Jobs Now!" National Day of Action, joining nearly 700 communities across America to send a clear message to our leaders: "We're ready for green jobs now!"
To read about our event, see yesterday's story in the Prince George's Gazette: http://www.gazette.net/stories/09302008/prinnew182709_32497.shtml
To find out how you can help create green jobs, go to: http://www.greenjobsnow.com/hq/ready-petition
|CF Job Opportunity!
Seeking Assistant Sales Manager/Cashier who is
bright, energetic, easy going
and friendly with retail and supervisory experience, prefer
some knowledge of building materials, available for Saturday work. Part time with full time potential.
See full job description here.
Send resume to NancyJMeyer@communityforklift.com, fax to 301-985-5182 or mail to 4671 Tanglewood Drive, Hyattsville, MD 20781.