How about the "Looser" list of resolutions! Taken from an online article by Associated Content, here are the top five Baby Boomer resolutions for the past year:
1. Loose Emotional Stress - Resentment, bitterness, anger.
2. Loose Weight - the perennial quest to shed some pounds.
3. Loose Addictions - freedom from alcohol, drugs,
4. Loose Debt - getting our finances in order.
5. Loose Clutter - organizing our life, our workplace, our
And here are our practical suggestions for how to fulfill these "Resoloosertions":
1. Emotional Stress: "As God's chosen people, holy and
dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion,
kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with
each other and forgive whatever grievances you may
have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave
you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds
them all together in perfect unity." (The Apostle Paul,
writing to the Christ-followers in Colosse)
2. Weight: "You are God's temple and God's Spirit lives
in you." (Paul again, but to Christ-followers in Corinth)
3. Addictions: "Do not get drunk on wine. That cheapens
your life. Instead be filled with the Holy Spirit."
(Surprise...Paul again, to Christ-followers in Ephesus)
4. Debt: "So if you have not been trustworthy in handling
worldly wealth, who will trust you with true riches?"
(Jesus this time, teaching his disciples)
5. Clutter: "For God did not give us a Spirit of fear, but
of power, of love and of self-discipline." (Paul,
mentoring an emerging leader)
Instead of resolutions, let's commit ourselves to these spiritual disciplines. They are normal, foundational principles for the life of any Christ-follower. Making a difference in our world begins with making these differences in our own lives.
Together for a Christ-filled 2010 - From all of us on the Finishers Staff!