How to Get Involved - 10 Steps
The first step to getting involved is to join the NCEA. Annual dues equate to one Latte a month - that's only $3.75 to protect your future! Sign up in the Member Center
10 Steps to Get Involved and Protect Your Future!
Protecting your future as an Esthetician is not just about making money. Know what your professional licensing, state regulatory boards and legislators are doing.
- Bookmark your State Regulatory Board's website in your browser and check it monthly for:
i) Board meeting dates and try to attend;
ii) Meet your State Regulatory Board members;
iii) Board minutes (if you didn't attend meeting);
iv) Review any press releases (if available);
iv) Bi-annually - Download & Review Rules & Regulations
*Check for revisions & dates - Download & Review Statutes
- Sign up (if available) to receive your state regulatory board eNewsletters/bulletins.
- Join a State or Regional Association to network with esthetician licensees in your state.
- Join the NCEA for Standardized Political Advocacy and get involved.
- Be sure you are a Registered Voter.
- Meet your State's elected officials and educate them (and staffers) about what an Esthetician is - give them a facial treatment.
- Ask them to alert you of bills regarding esthetician licensing.
- Find out how your State legislature is structured, and learn how bills can be introduced into your senate or house.
- Get Nationally Certified and be better prepared for the future.
- Understand the BIG PICTURE - As important as it is for you to know what is going on in your state, learn what National Advocacy Issues will affect your licensure, if you want to move to another part of the country.
Susanne S. Warfield - Executive Director
National Coalition of Estheticians, Manufacturers/Distributors & Associations