10 Ways to use iPADs for Business
1. Go paperless - Type notes using the Notes App and email them directly to colleagues. Outfit your conference room with iPads for anyone present and cut out the clutter of fifty page printed packets for everyone in the room!
2. Skip the Assistant - Free dictation tools, like Dragon Dictation, allow you to dictate a memo and convert it to text verbally without having a secretary present.
3. Presentations - Present to small groups without a projector. Hold it up or pass it around, and jump to live links if you need to. Clients love to hold it!
4. Replace the Whiteboard - Simple doodle apps allow you to draw similar to a white board using only your finger and the iPad's touch screen. No more smelly markers and messy dry erasers!
5. Process Credit Cards - Accept credit card payments on the fly with a *free* credit card application like Square.
6. Create Graphics - Sketchbook Pro is a graphics app with a special stylus for ipad/iphone. It's like Photoshop for the iPad and only costs about $10.
7. Video Showcase - Shoot video, and upload your footage to the iPad on the spot, and edit it if you need to.
8. Take Inventory - Itemizer allows you to import and export data to/from QuickBooks via Excel and save the information in a PDF report.
9. Keep Connected - Use Skype for unlimited free calling and conferencing.
10. Run Windows - With a little back-end setup and a free app, you can remote-control a Windows desktop straight from your iPad.