|6 KEYS TO ACCOMPLISHING YOUR GOALS
Setting and achieving goals is a powerful way for you to act on your own behalf. You are integrating your inner and outer worlds, bringing your rich insights and dreams into reality. Goals give you a sense of direction, focus, and purpose.
Many people have a difficult time with goal setting. Some are resistant to anything that feels too structured, others are afraid to define goals because they've let themselves down in the past and no longer trust that they'll follow through on their intentions. Others simply don't know where to begin, or how to proceed.
Here are 6 keys to help you accomplish your goals:
- Know why you want what you want. You're more likely to achieve your goal if the end result is important to you. If you don't care that much about the outcome, you're apt to procrastinate or sabotage your process in other ways. Continually coming back to the value of this goal will sustain you when you encounter obstacles. Ask yourself, "How will my life be enriched if I ____________?" What are the consequences in my life if I don't accomplish this goal? On a scale of 1-10, how important is this to me?
- Identify the time and resources you will need to achieve your goal. If your goal, for example, is to commit to an exercise regimen, do you need to put money aside to join a gym or purchase equipment for your home, take a class, get personal instruction? How much time per day/week can you devote to exercise? Do you need support from a friend to help you stay on course? Be as specific as possible about what you need.
- Set a realistic timeline. Look at your life and see what can actually be accomplished. The key word here is realistic. Look ahead to the coming days or weeks to ascertain what you truly have time for without becoming overwhelmed by too long of a to-do list. Also, as we all know, life is predictable in its unpredictability. Allow for possible, and likely, interruptions of your "best laid plans."
- Establish clear and attainable action steps. You can do this daily or weekly, but be sure they are steps you can commit to. Otherwise, you will find yourself in resistance, then stuck. Think small - and attainable.
- Be clear about what distracts you. We all have our "pet distractions," i.e. habits and behaviors that divert our attention. It's not easy to simply put down these familiar behaviors: trips to the refrigerator, TV, Facebook, and Twitter. Experiment now and then spending a bit less time with activities that don't nourish you and, in fact, may deplete you. The small changes add up.
- Acknowledge every achievement. Often, when we attain goals, we quickly move on to the next mountain to climb without taking time to acknowledge what we just accomplished. Realizing goals is not a small matter. You've stepped up to the plate in your life; perhaps you've overcome fear or resistance. You've brought something important to you to fruition. Take this into your body/mind. Experience what accomplishment feels like. Write about this in your journal or tell a friend. This will strengthen your confidence and belief in yourself as someone who is capable and competent.
A Transformational Process for Overcoming Blocks
Are you feeling stuck? Are you in a transition and don't know what to do next? Do you want to make a career change, but can't take action on your ideas? Are you procrastinating with regard to a project?
In this afternoon workshop, you will:
Sunday, April 1112:30 - 5:00 pm
- Get to the root cause of this obstacle
- Discover your unique key to getting unstuck
- Clarify the resources your need to move forward
- Create a realistic and attainable action plan
Marin County, CA
GUIDED IMAGERY CERTIFICATION COURSE
In this one-day accelerated certification course you will learn innovative imagery techniques and guidelines for the successful use of imagery for your own healing and transformation and/or to expand the scope of your practice and your work with clients.
You will learn:
Specific Imagery Techniques for Intuitive Decision-Making
How to Access the 'Inner Healer', 'Inner Entrepreneur' and Other Positive Selves Through Subpersonality Work
How to Apply the Healing and Symbols Process to Financial and Career Issues
How to Integrate Imagery Into Daily Life
How to Use All of the Senses to Increase the Effectiveness of Imagery
Marketing Tips and Tools
For helping professionals of all kinds: teachers, coaches, somatic practitioners, hypnotherapists, psychotherapists, social workers, nurses and physicians
Saturday, April 17
9:30 am - 5:30 pm
The Center for Hypnotherapy
Hypnotherapists and nurses will receive CEUs
$167 before March 25, $187 after March 25
THE SOUL OF CAREGIVING: Creative Tools for Insight and Wellness
This free workshop focuses on 'caring for the caregiver' and is open to healthcare professionals, volunteers and family/friend caregivers for people with cancer and other life-altering illnesses. Participants will explore the meaning and transformational potential of their caregiving experience and receive tools for emotional and spiritual renewal and self care.
Pre-registration is required. Please bring your own lunch.
Saturday, March 13
11:00 am - 5:30 pm
John F. Kennedy University
Pleasant Hill, CA
Sunday, March 21
10:30 am - 5:30 pm
CorStone Center (formerly The Center for Attitudinal Healing)
Sausalito, CATo register for any of the free workshops, please contact me at email@example.com or (415)721-0766 .
WRITING FROM THE SOUL™
In these ongoing, drop-in groups you will learn processes to free your imagination, develop ease and confidence in writing, cultivate your unique writing voice and overcome blocks to writing.
San Rafael, CA
Last Sunday of each month
Sliding scale of $35-45 per session
INDIVIDUAL COACHING SESSIONS (phone or in-person):
A FREE CONSULTATION is available.
- Overcome writer's block
- Start and/or complete writing projects
- Discover your natural writing voice
- Develop confidence and ease in writing
- Create attainable short and long term goals
INSIGHT TO ACTION COACHING™
INSIGHT TO ACTION COACHING™ phone
coaching can help you:
- Achieve your personal and professional goals
- Navigate through periods of transition
- Develop strengths and seed potentials
- Find your purpose and passion
- Overcome blocks and limiting patterns
- Quiet the voice of the Inner Critic
- Access inner knowing for decision-making and clarity about your goals and life direction
- Ignite and sustain your creativity
- Create action steps that generate tangible results
I specialize in helping clients overcome blocks of all kinds and translate ideas and visions into concrete action. Fees are based on a sliding scale and time frames are based on individual wants and needs.
A FREE CONSULTATION is available.
|Click here to visit my website if you'd like to learn more about my phone or in-person Insight to Action Coaching, Writing from the Soul Programs, or The Soul of Caregiving.
A Free Consultation is available. You can also sign up for my free monthly newsletter.