Annual Notices Reminder
Cypress Benefit Administrators wants to make you aware of certain annual notice requirements that must be provided to employees who are covered under a group health care plan to ensure you are staying within compliance of the ERISA guidelines. These laws require employer-sponsored group health plans to provide the following notices, which describe guidelines for enrollment rights, treatment and care that pertain to:
- Women's Health and Cancer Rights Act of 1998 (WHCRA)
- Children's Health Insurance and Protection Act of 2009 (CHIP)
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- Medicare Part D Notices to those newly eligible
Learn more and access sample language and guidance.
|2012 Employer Healthcare Cost Survey Report
We are always looking forward at Cypress Benefit Administrators, and reviewing industry trends and predictions is an important facet of knowing how we can best meet the needs of our clients and consultants. Recently, our vendor partner, Benefit Informatics, prepared a compilation entitled 2012 Employer Healthcare Cost Survey Data. Some highlights include:
- The average health care premium rate will increase approximately 7% in 2012.
- We will see a spike in Consumer Driven Health Plans (CDHPs) in 2012.
- Many employers indicate they will continue to offer health care benefit coverage despite the introduction of state exchanges in 2014, with a greater interest in self funding.
Learn more and see all survey findings.