The International Foundation of the Society of Incentive Travel Executives recently conducted a study of the motivational industry to provide several clear opportunities for both providers and users of motivational events and travel.
The most common use of motivational events and travel is in sales programs, followed by dealer programs. Not surprising is the fact that hard measures such as increased sales, profitability, and growth of market share are the main reasons why incentives are used.
Return on Investment (ROI) and Return on Objectives (ROO) are gaining focus in today's environment. To help you in these areas, please call us for models we have available for your use.
President, Sutton & Associates
| Five Essential Elements to
Making Your Incentive Successful
- Clearly tie business objectives to earning and selection criteria for the travel reward.
- Communicate, communicate, communicate! Communication about the program and the progress participants are making towards goals should be clear and consistent. Anticipation will build throughout the qualification period and keep participants motivated to achieve their objectives.
- The design of the travel program, including desirable destinations, interactive functions, and leisure time for the earners, adds to the overall excitement.
- Managers acting as hosts reinforce the company's commitment to the reward program and recognition.
- Keep detailed records that prove the productivity of the participants and their contributions to the company's financial performance.
How to Add WOW! to Your Incentive
- Shorten the number of nights at a destination, but upgrade your winners to a suite.
- Consider a venue buyout for an exclusive event.
- Find a drive-to destination and use the air savings to bring in top-name entertainers.
- Lower the room gift amount for one night to include gifts for several nights. Gifts do not have to be extravagant - the element of surprise, if done right, can bring the WOW!
- Increase the ratio of servers to guests at dinner functions and put the servers in a tux with white gloves...synchronized serving is also a great WOW!
- Roll out the red carpet upon arrival...this never gets old!
- Bring in experts to teach painting, cooking, photography and so much more!