President-Elect: John May (Louisville)
Tresurer-Elect: Larry Gillette (Hopkinsville)
Region 1 Director: Sandy Newell (Madisonville)
Region 3 Director: Joe Simms (Louisville)
Region 5 Director: John Hodge (Burlington)
At-Large Directors: Pam Featherstone (Elizabethtown), Rip Phillips (Louisville) and Ashley Trautner (Frankfort)
At-Large Delegates: Donna Gregorich (London), Brenda Loyal (Owensboro) and Robin Schneider (Foster)
NAR Director: Ken Warden (Fort Thomas)
Mike Becker, Villa Hills, will serve the remainder of the Director at Large vacancy. Mike will serve for the remainder of the term through 12-31-12.
Donna Gregorich, London, was designated by the Board of Directors to fill the Delegate at Large vacancy. Donna will serve for the remainder of the term through 12-31-11.
REALTOR® of the Year: Robert Damron (Pikeville)
Distinguished Service Award: John Chandler (London)
Nat Sanders Award: Jonah Mitchell (Lexington)
Community Service Awards:
Large Board - Northern Kentucky Association
Medium Board - REALTOR Association of SKY
Small Board - Murray Calloway County Board
Paul Kendall Membership Growth Award:
1st - Mayfield-Graves Board
2nd - Greater Owensboro REALTOR Association
Ammerman Attendance Award: Lexington Bluegrass Association
- Motion carried to approve the 2012 budget without funding for the Legal Hotline and to include funding for the LAGASP program.
- Motion carried to purchase new computer equipment including two servers and backup system with software and installation in the amount of $18757.31 with funding from equipment reserves.
- Motion carried to purchase a table for 10 at the NAR Convention 2011 inaugural in Anaheim.
- Motion carried to approve changes to the 2011-2013 KAR Strategic Plan.
- Motion carried for KAR to review the Ohio Coalition of Appraisal Professionals Uniform Appraisal Dataset (UAD) property questionnaire and consider the document be added to the seller's disclosure form.
- Motion carried to support legislation on the permanent ban of private transfer fees.
- Motion carried for KAR to support legislation on the KY Condominium Act that would allow a cap on the fee for the resale certificate. The motion is to support a floor limit with a percentage of one monthly assessment but not to exceed $225.
- Motion carried for KAR to appoint the RPAC Trustee Fundraising Vice-Chair to the KAR Convention Committee if RPAC has an event in cooperation with the KAR Annual Convention.
- KAR Leadership and Past Presidents will continue to work on further defining usage of the KAR Disaster Relief Funds.
The following Trustees were approved by the BOD: Chair - Linda Sparrow, Vice-Chair - Libbi Taylor, Treasurer - Greg Lile and Trustees from CD-01 Bonnie Byerly, CD-03 Guy Montgomery, and CD-06 Jayne Cox.
The following Trustees were approved by the BOD: Earleene Woods, Margie Harper, Brenda Gooslin and Pam Featherstone. Linda Wiley will serve as President and John Hodge will serve as Treasurer.
The Selection Committee will submit the following nominees for the Governor's consideration: Leslie D. Heath - Paducah, James H. "Jim" Huff - Ft. Mitchell, Arvel J. (Jerry) McMahan - PeeWee Valley, DonC. Sullivan - Lexington, R. Thomas (Tom) Waldrop - Mayfield.
On another note:
The winner of the Target:RPAC event and the $2,000 VISA gift card was Joe Simms of Louisville.
The winner of the $500 cash at the trade show, courtesy of Community Trust Bank, was Steve Heartsill of Elizabethtown.
The winner of the iPad2 for attending Convention Orientation was Diana Lashley of Lexington.
The winner of the Kodak Zi8 video camera was Greg Taylor of Louisville.