|KAR BOD action items
From the Legislative & Business Meeting held in Frankfort:
- KAR Quick Response Team utilize funding from the Issues Mobilization Fund to be used to fight the tax on services under review in the Kentucky Legislature. The Communications/PR Committee made a similar proposal.
- To have a goal of $500,000 for the Issues & Mobilizations Fund.
- Amendment of the Nomination Form for 2010 Elections to include that Nomination Forms may be submitted via fax or email in addition to mailed. The submission date will be changed to August 17, 2010.
- The 2013 Summer Meeting to be held at Lake Barkley with shuttle service provided between the convention center and the lodge to address concerns of accessibility.
- Emergency repairs to the building costing $1000 or less may be completed with just the approval of the building committee chair and vice-chair. Repairs costing over $1000 will require the approval of the committee.
- KAR to provide additional funding to the Owensboro Board of REALTORS in the amount of $1,859.00 from the Legal Action Fund. The Owensboro Board of REALTORS had previously submitted a Legal Action Fund Request to KAR which was funded in the amount $3,718.01.
- Board of Directors to take specific and immediate action to address the problem associated with the exorbitant cost of access to PVA and county clerk information on a statewide basis.
- KAR will be a participant in drafting Legislation with KREC or will receive a draft of any Legislation that KREC has suggested at least 45 days prior to any session; or, KAR will not participate in the Legislation.
KAR's Third Annual Broker Summit
March 24 & 25
Holiday Inn Hurstbourne
Price - $99
(includes the 6 hour Broker CORE course - you must attend all 6 hours to receive credit)
|Kentucky "Open House"
April 10 - 11
The Kentucky Association of REALTORS® has teamed up with associations across the country for one weekend of Nationwide Open Houses. The purpose is to encourage those who are thinking
of buying a home to take advantage of unique home market factors and the federal first-time home buyer tax credit that expires on April 30th. This is the first event of its kind nationwide. NAR will be promoting the event on a national level.
Be sure to include your open houses for that weekend on the MLS and in other promotions you are putting together! We'll be directing the public to our website and you can direct them to your listings on the MLS or personal sites as well. This is at no cost to you! KAR will be sending free balloons to your local association, available for you to tie to your open house signs as well as providing free graphics, flyers and ads available for download here
|RPR moving forward
The REALTORS® Property Resource (RPR) is expected to be available through select MLSs by May 1. This massive property data project, which will contain information on more than 140 million properties across the country, has been the buzz of the industry since it was unveiled at the REALTORS® Conference & Expo in November.
RPR, a wholly owned subsidiary of NAR, launched a blog
in January containing a 28-minute demo video, posts and comments from visitors, a lengthy FAQ section, and a subscription newsletter.
The project will launch in beta testing in multiple markets in March and according to Jeff Young, senior vice president of operations, there are still opportunities for input from NAR stakeholders including MLSs, commercial information exchanges, association leaders, and members from across the country.
|Suit over secondhand smoke targets real estate broker
Alyssa Burrage says she was smoked out of her new $405,000 condominium.
Burrage, a 32-year-old advertising company employee with a history of asthma, had smelled cigarettes when she first visited the bright, parlor-level condo in Boston's South End in 2006 with her real estate broker. But the broker, she alleges, assured her that the owner must be a smoker and the stench would disappear.Read More
|Top 5 home improvement projects
According to the HomeGain survey, the top five home improvements that REALTORS recommend to home sellers based on cost and return on investment (from highest to lowest ROI) are: 1.
Cleaning and de-cluttering ($200 cost / $1,700 price increase / 872% ROI)2.
Home staging ($300 cost / $1,780 price increase / 586% ROI)3.
Lightening and brightening ($230 cost / $1,300 price increase / 572% ROI)4.
Landscaping ($320 cost / $1,500 price increase / 473% ROI)5.
Repairing plumbing ($385 cost / $1,250 price increase / 327% ROI)Read More
|Facebook: Be careful what you post
Postings, i.e. status updates, wall messages, etc., on Facebook, if not carefully thought out, can cause major damage to your reputation and, at times, be a detriment to your business.
The blog post featured shows a few humorous examples of why it is important to be careful with social media.Read More
|10 ways to have a great business and a great life in 2010
In a recent AP-GFK poll, 72% of Americans said they're optimistic about what 2010 will bring for the country. That's a dramatic difference from their same poll answer where almost 75% of them thought 2009 was a bad year for the country.
Here are some resolutions you can make, to have a great business and a great life in 2010:
1. I will first schedule for the year all activities that support my health and family (including workouts, doctor appointments, vacations, family events).
Why? Because without these, I won't be able to be productive in my business.Read More
|Scholarships available through KREEF
KREEF has two different scholarships available for members to take advantage:GRI Scholarship
College ScholarshipThe deadline for applications is June 11
, which is earlier than in the past.Read More
|Short Sale CE
and it counts as a 3 hour law course.
May 4: Florence
May 5: Lexington
May 6: Prestonsburg
May 11: Paducah
May 12: Owensboro
May 13: LouisvilleLearn More & Register
|Online CE courses through KREEF
It is now possible to earn CE credit for your real estate license renewal without leaving your home or office.
Three courses are available:Enviromental Issues in Real Estate
- 6 hours (3 hours law credit & 3 hours elective credit) Real Estate Finance Today
- 3 hours (3 hours elective credit)
|KAR social networks |
Follow us on:
This KAR member
benefit is being provided to you and your family & friends to help lower your prescription drug costs. Simply create and print your FREE Prescription Drug Card and receive savings of up to 75% (discounts average roughly 30%) at more than 54,000 national and regional pharmacies. Read More
|NAR's Good Neighbor Awards
NAR's REALTOR Magazine is seeking your help in identifying nominees for the 2010 Good Neighbor Awards. The program, now in its 11th year, recognizes REALTORS whose extraordinary commitment to community service has helped make their communities better places to live.
The deadline for nominations is Friday, May 21. Read More