How Can My Club Help Campaigns?
Some ways YOU and your club can make a difference in November!
1. Develop a list of your club members who are willing to volunteer on campaigns. Let the candidates know who they are.
2. Develop a list of candidates and type of workers they need. Make this available to your members.
3. Assist in staffing your Party's campaign headquarters.
4. Offer to "clean-up" lists.
5. Offer to be responsible for getting out mass mailings.
6. Host an event for a candidate or for your Party's candidates.
7. Host a fund-raiser for the campaign. Set a specific financial goal your club will raise for the campaign.
8. Respond to campaign issues.
9. Initiate a "Letters to the Editor" campaign.
10. Encourage your club's outstanding speakers to be surrogate speakers for the candidate. Make sure you have your candidate's approval!
11. Participate with your candidates at fairs, festivals and events. Accept specific responsibilities for your club.
12. Work with the candidate's advance team to boost attendance at all candidate events.
13. Have your club be responsible for a specific responsibility : signs, get out the vote, telephoning, absentee ballot programs, door-to-door canvassing, voter registration, or sponsor a debate or forum between candidates.
14. Assist in get out the vote efforts for election day.