IMPORTANT UPDATE: The House will be voting on a Balanced Budget Amendment TOMORROW!
Call your Representative and tell them to vote YES on the Balanced Budget Amendment!
Capitol Switchboard: (202) 224-3121
United States Supreme Court to Hear Appeal Against Obamacare Legislation
On Monday, the United States Supreme Court announced they would hear the appeals that have been brought against the Obamacare legislation.
Justices combined the request to hear the case from 26 states as well as the National Federation of Independent Business and the Justice Department.
The Supreme Court announced that they will hear the challenge to the law's individual mandate as well as the several other components of the legislation.
The court ruling is expected in June which will bring the Obamacare case to the forefront of the 2012 election cycle.
We will continue to monitor this issue to bring you updates.
House Republicans Show Leadership On Reigning in Wasteful Government Spending
Twenty wasteful spending programs cut by House Republicans' Appropriations Minibus:
Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
- New era/rural technology - $1 M
- Microbiological data program - $4.2 M
- Healthy Food Financing Initiative - $35 M
- Subsidized Guaranteed Farm Loans - $17 M
- Rural Microenterprise Investment Program - $6 M
- 12 Federal Agricultural Research Laboratories at 10 Locations - $38 M
Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies
- EDA Sustainable Economic Development/Global Climate Change - $16.5 M
- NTIA Public Telecommunications Facilities, Planning and Construction - $ 1M
- NIST Technology Innovation Program - $44.8M
- NIST Baldrige Performance Excellence Program - $9.6M
- NOAA Coastal and Marine Spatial Planning - $1.5M
- DOJ National Drug Intelligence Center - $34M
- DEA Mobile Enforcement Teams Program - $40M
- Community-Based Violence Prevention Initiative - $8.3M
- COPS Technology - $1.2M
- NSF Graduate STEM Fellowships in K-12 Education - $26M
- NSF Deep Underground Science and Engineering Laboratory - $12M
- NSF National STEM Education Distributed Learning - $10M
Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies
- TIGGER Grants (FTA) - $50M
- Sustainable Communities Grants (HUD) - $100M
Information courtesy of the Office of the Majority Whip