What it REALLY means to be part of the "Blue Dog" Coalition...
The "Blue Dog" coalition was formed after the Republicans took the majority in 1994. Blue Dogs were self described as loyal but conservative Democrats who had turned blue as a result of their party's economic policies.
In a WSJ article, "The Lap Dog Coalition," Chris Chocola, President of the Club for Growth, took a closer look at the Blue Dog record over the past 16 years.
The Blue Dog voting record show members voting with Nancy Pelosi on economic issues 80% of the time.
EVERY member of the Blue Dog Coalition voted for the Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac bailouts.
63% voted for the $700 billion TARP Program.
91% voted for the stimulus package in February 2009.
85% voted for the cash-for-clunkers program.
74% voted for President Obama's budget (which tripled the
debt in 2010).
73% voted for the auto bailout.
54% voted for the Obamacare bill.
The idea of a fiscally conservative "Blue Dog" Democrat is a clever attempt to fool voters into re-electing 54 vulnerable Democrats this election cycle.
Your time could make the difference in who holds the majority after November!
What would happen if each NFRW member gave an extra hour a day until Election Day?
71,300 NFRW Members X 25 =
1,782,500 GOTV hours
If everyone gets involved, we can make the difference!
We need 40 seats to regain the majority in the House.
We need 10 seats to regain the majority in the Senate.
Find a campaign to get involved with here.
1. Wear a GOP shirt around while on your errands. Talk to people about the importance of voting.
2. New or infrequent voters need multiple reminders to vote in order for the reminders to be effective. Make sure to remind those who may be voting for the first time.
3. Car pool to the polls with co-workers, neighbors, or friends who live in your precinct-on your way to work, on a morning break, on your lunch hour, or after work. Make it a fun process!
4. Put a NOVEMBER 2- VOTE message in your email signature so that every email you send reminds people to vote.
5. Take time off on Election Day-or even part of it to help GOTV!
Inform, Involve, and Invest!