Bathroom Safety Checklist
- Bathroom Entry
- Is bathroom door handle easy to turn?
- Is entry to bathroom wide enough to roll-in to?
- Are there any barriers to entry?
- Is there adequate space to move around the bathroom?
- Is the bathroom floor free from tripping hazards?
- Are the floors easy to clean?
- Is there non-slip tile on the floor?
- Is the floor very cold?
- Is the shower or tub slippery?
- Does shower have a walk-in entry?
- Is there adequate drainage in the shower?
- Are counters at a comfortable height and depth for everyone that using the bathroom?
- Are counters free from clutter?
- Does countertop allow for seating?
- Are counters easy to clean?
- Do you have too much glare off the countertops?
- Do you prefer a bath or a shower?
- Is the tub easy to get in and out of?
- How do you get in and out of the tub?
- Is tub easy to clean?
- Does tub drain effectively?
- Is there a grab bar on or near tub to assist with entry and exit?
- Is shower easy to get in and out of?
- Is there a handheld shower head?
- Is water valve easy to turn on?
- Do you have to get wet when you turn the water on?
- Do you ever have problems with getting scalded by the hot water?
- Is there enough room to safely maneuver in the shower?
- Do you have a light in the shower?
- Are there grab bars in and out of the shower for entry and exit?
- Is there a shower seat or bench needed?
- Are towels accessible outside of the shower
- Where do you keep your towels when you shower?
- Are shower tiles easy to clean?
- Does the bathroom stay humid long after you shower?
- Do you ever smell mold in the bathroom?
- Do you have adequate lighting at the sink?
- Are cords secured and out of the way?
- Are electrical outlets accessible?
- Are there enough outlets to safely plug in blow dryers, etc.?