We focus this month on (2) technologies; flexible heater technology from Vulcan Electric and the new HERCULES Connector System from Meritec. Please contact us anytime with questions or new applications for interconnect requirements.
-Lorill Electronics Sales Inc. www.lorill.com
Southern California Interconnect News
Vulcan Electric - Polyimide Flexible Heaters
The Vulcan Electric line of Polyimide (KaptonTM) flexible heaters offer ideal heating solutions for applications requiring temperature stability and uniformity, dimensional stability, integrated sensing and control technologies, and value-add assemblies lowering overall end product assembly costs. Available in standard and custom configurations, these heater solutions are ideal for use in a wide range of applications where heating is required in specific locations.
- Medical analytical devices
- Medical drug and fluid delivery systems
- Medical ventilation equipment
- Electronic cabinet/rack warming systems
- Satellite electronic / battery warming
- Weapon and missile guidance system warming
- Variety of geometries available
- Standard heater offering: square, rectangular, circular
- Custom heaters; geometries specific to application requirements
- Low profile thin construction
- High dielectric strength
- Resistant to most chemicals
- Multiple temperature zones on single a heater available
- Operating temperatures up to 200 deg C (392 deg F)
- ROHS Compliant construction
Benefits and Details:
- Thermal stability over a wide temperature range
- Various mounting configurations to meet specific application requirements
- Low material out gassing
- Lightweight construction is ideal for weight sensitive applications
- Integrated on-board temperature sensor and control components available
- Value-add assembly capability minimizes assembly costs in end product
Visit the Vulcan Website
Meritec-HERCULES Connector System
Meritec's HERCULES Interconnect System embedded in the mating rugged circular MIL-38999 shell, provides both a durable and high bandwidth interconnect scheme suitable for many Military and Aerospace ruggedized high bandwidth applications, not previously accomodated by industry standards. The HERCULES is the first of the High BandWidth (HBW) Family to be released in MIL-38999 Series III sizes: 9, 11, 13, 15, 17 &23.
Meeting protocols such as USB 2.0 & 3.0, IB, SAS, Sata, Serial I/O, PCIe, dependent on the shell size, you have many build options. While running at 10Gb/s per pair with up to 44 differential pairs, you do the math.
HERCULES Test 870