We've had the privilege of working with hospital and architectural teams across the country to help define the vision and goals of their art programs. It's one of my favorite parts of the process - brainstorming and gathering creative ideas that come together to form the guiding principles that direct each art program for many years.
Here at Distinctive Art Source, we too have a Mission, Values and a Vision that continually guide us in our work. Our Mission: empower hospitals and their communities to create positive patient experiences through distinctive art programs.
At the root of our Mission are Values. All of us at DAS share the same core Values that serve as our guiding principles:
- We Inspire Creativity because we believe the most powerful tool we bring to our clients and their communities is the ability to create a distinct program that remains active and is truly their own.
- We Drive Innovation to ensure that selected artwork supports our clients dedication to innovative clinical care.
- We Exceed Expectations because for us, it's not enough to do just what's expected.
- We Build Relationships because art programs should make connections by touching lives, telling stories and build bridges into communities.
- We Live with Integrity professionally and personally because, for us, there is no other way.
- We aim to Be the WOW in every way! We want to amaze with the quality of the artwork, the surprisingly smooth process and the dramatic and emotional responses received from patients and visitors.
Along with our Values, we have a Vision to be the preferred healthcare art consultancy in the United States. Not the biggest. Not the one with the highest revenue. Not the one with the longest client list. But the preferred. And we know that happens only when we provide superior service and top-notch quality.
Thank you for allowing us to live out our Values and Vision by serving both you and your community.
Barbara Harriman, IIDA
Distinctive Art Source
P.S. Need help defining your art program vision? Download this free whitepaper from DAS on "Defining Your Vision: 12 Questions to Consider when Creating a Healthcare Art Program."