Yield: 2 cups
* 1/2 cup Honey, whipped (or thick and dry)
* 1/2 cup Sour Cream
* 1 cup Peanuts, unsalted, toasted and roughly chopped
* 1/4 cup Plain oatmeal (or extra granola)
* 1 ea. zest of Lemon
* 1/4 tsp. Vanilla extract
* 1 cup Peanut granola (see note)
1. In a large bowl over a double broiler, melt the honey until it is runny; add the sour cream and remove from the heat.
2. Stir in the toasted peanuts, oatmeal (or granola), lemon zest, and vanilla extract; stir until cool. To cool more rapidly, place bowl over some ice while stirring.
3. Add enough granola to the mixture so that it can be rolled into lime or walnut-sized balls with your hand. Roll the balls in the peanut granola and chill overnight; use for school lunch or afternoon snacks.
Note: Combine 1/2 cup of regular granola with 1/2 cup of roasted chopped peanuts.
© 2011 The Culinary Institute of America
Recipe developed by The Culinary Institute of America as an industry service to The Peanut Institute.