Thank you for subscribing
to our newsletter! If you have any comments,
questions or suggestions, please feel free to email us!
"Beat Those Halloween Candy Cravings!" Even if you totally abstain from this so-called "holiday," it's hard to escape the overabundance of candy. So, here are a few tips that will help you avoid weight gain.
- Don't buy Halloween candy until immediately before you plan to give it out.
- Don't buy Halloween candy that you feel a weakness toward.
- If you have leftover candy, freeze it. Out of sight = out of mind.
- Establish a "treat budget." Allow yourself one mini candy bar after each meal, or one a day. Or allow yourself two or three a week. The portion size and frequency are up to you, depending on how fast you wish to lose weight.
- Eat ONLY your most favorite kinds of candy. Life is too short to waste your calories on candy that you don't thoroughly love.
- Remember the "Apple Test," which I explained in my book. Wait until you're hungry enough to eat an apple (one that is not covered or dipped in caramel) before you eat your candy treat.
- Take time to enjoy that mini candy bar, if you choose to eat it, and you're hungry.
- If you get distracted and stressed and deviate from this plan, don't condemn yourself. Just resolve to do better and start over immediately. Don't wait for the next day to "start over." Start over right this minute to wait for true, physical hunger before you eat.
|Picnic At The Lake
"Buy"-Button Now Working
On The Eden Diet's Online Store
www.TheEdenDiet.com!(sorry for the inconvenience!)Godly Affirmations CD Series
Also Available On Amazon.com!
Click HERE to download NOW!
ON THE RADIO: Klove interview with Jennifer James
Upcoming TV And Radio Interviews:
November 29, 2010: Family Life Radio
December 2010: Christian Television Network's Homekeepers
January 12, 2011: WBGL Radio
Dr. Hancock's Blog!
Do You Want Free Support And Encouragement For Weight Loss?
Join Our Online, Interactive Blog and Forum! To join, just follow the following link:
Here are a few Recent Entries:
"Quaker Instant Oatmeal's New Slogan"
9/22/10: "Doubling Down"
9/29/10: "The Vitamin Scam"
10/6/10: "Sometimes A Change In Your Routine Reduces Stress-Eating"
10/20/10: "Snake Tails"
PS - If you liked this newsletter and want to forward it to a friend, see the below link entitled, 'Forward email'. You may also join our monthly newsletter list by hitting the 'Join Our Mailing List' button below!
Thank you for the opportunity to serve you in your quest to 'thin-ness'.
May your QUEST be BLESSED!
Rita M. Hancock, M.D.