|The Walk's Archive Homepage
| Welcome to The Walk's Archive page. |
Developing a partnership with local churches, KidTrek establishes opportunities for their youth. Through modeling, training, and coaching KidTrek equips the Church to build such intentional, long-term relationships with families in crisis the kids will grow to become CHRIST-CHANGED, HOPE-FILLED, PRODUCTIVE ADULTS.
The Walk is our effort to:
- Challenge the Church to get more involved in at-risk kids lives
- Give opportunities for Subscribers to share their own experiences and thoughts related to a previous Issue of The Walk.
Please feel free to read, respond and even forward these emails on to those you think would be interested in getting involved in this movement.
Your willingnes to join The Walk through advocating plays a vital role in accomplishing this mission, seeing kids grow to become Christ-changed, hope-filled, productive adults.
God bless you!
- Simple Ways to Get Involved... (4/8/2009)
- Do you find yourself drawn to the plight of "at-risk" kids, but not necessarily sure how you can help? Its true, YOU can have an impact on kids lives right now, without ever meeting one, or ever giving a penny...read the article to get some ideas...
- How to get sustainable results...what do you think? (3/4/2009)
- What will it take to get long-term, sustainable results in kids lives? What will we have to do, and sacrifice, to see our kids grow to become Christ-changed, hope-filled, productive adults?
- This is how our economy can help at-risk kids... (1/30/2009)
- Yes, our economy is bad right now...however many American kids have been living in a major recession for years...having little to no opportunity for a relationship with God-fearing, Christ-centered adults who will be willing to walk with them through life...read how you may be able to change this...
- What Kids Really Want This Christmas... (12/22/2008)
- Have you thought about what kids really want for Christmas...let alone year round?
- Thanksgiving is important for kids because... (11/20/2008)
- This is a day to remember...a day to be thankful for what God has done...In that light, this is a day to show children why we love and fear God so much...Read this issue of The Walk on why we believe this is important and how you can get more involved.
- Imagine... (10/21/2008)
- Imagine...Local-churches equipped to live out Deuteronomy 6.
Imagine...Parachurches collaborating with local-churches to reach families in crisis from their community.
With your help, KidTrek is...
- You Can Wake The Sleeping Giant! (9/5/2008)
- "Awake, awake, put on your strength, O Zion...shake from your self the dust and arise...loose the bonds from your neck..." You and I are a part of Zion...the Church...What if...
- Competition...a healthy tool for kids? (8/7/2008)
- In this Issue of The Walk Joseph Parker, KidTrek's President, discusses KidTrek's use of competition as a useful tool to teach kids important life skills and biblical principles. Read the article and let us know what you think.
- What should a child look like at age 40? (7/7/2008)
- The family living in crisis is fighting for survival...the thought of raising their children to become productive adults can be too overwhelming. What do all kids need in their lives these kids are not getting? What do we need to do to see "at-risk" kids grow to become Christ-changed, hope-filled, productive adults?
- Why should I care where KidTrek is headed in 08/09? Part 4 (6/20/2008)
- Part four, of this four part series, shows the impact KidTrek is having through our ability to connect KidTrek-trained adults with community resources.
Read this powerful account from the mouth of a friend of KidTrek, a community partner God used to help a suicidal girl get the help she needs.
- Why should I care where KidTrek is headed in 08/09? Part 3 (6/6/2008)
- Part three, of this four part series, is part two of a story from Sheppard Deese, an Advocate with Riverwoods Christian Center in Illinois.
Sheppard shares his on-going story of developing a relationship with a new family and his need/dependence on God to do so...this is at the heart of KidTrek's vision for 2008-09 and beyond, as we equip (model, train, coach) adults across America to reach families in crisis.
- Why should I care where KidTrek is headed in 08/09? Part 2 (5/22/2008)
- Part two, of this four part series, is part one of a story from Sheppard Deese, an Advocate with Riverwoods Christian Center in Illinois.
Sheppard shares his story of developing a relationship with a new family and his need/dependence on God to do so...this is at the heart of KidTrek's vision for 2008-09 and beyond, as we equip (model, train, coach) adults across America to reach families in crisis.
- Why should I care where KidTrek is headed in 08/09? Part 1 (5/8/2008)
- Part one in a four part series in sharing KidTrek's vision for the 2008-09 ministry year beginning July 1.
- Why marriage...family...is important! (4/16/2008)
- Why is marriage, and the commitment to one spouse, so vital to kids' understanding of God? Read this wonderful account of two KidTrek-trained adults celebration of their 46 years of marriage to one another and how it affected their kids.
- Why do kids need to "understand" who Jesus is? (4/3/2008)
- How do kids come to know Jesus; and why is this important? Through a tool known as Reality Learning, KidTrek is training adults how to teach abstract concepts, such as salvation, to kids in a way they can understand.
- What would you have done? (3/19/2008)
- Do you know a child lacking the nurturing needed to become a productive adult? How would you handle a difficult situation with a child that is lacking this nurturing? Could you commit the time, energy, resources needed? In this Issue of The Walk, read the testimony of a KidTrek-trained adult tackling this very issue, giving credence to why KidTrek believes we must send missionaries to America.
- Missionaries...how might they affect America? (3/5/2008)
- Why do YOU think America needs missionaries? Read the stories and reasons why KidTrek believes it is imperative we train and coach adults how to build intentional, long term relationships with "at-risk" families.
- America's Invisible Children (2/20/2008)
- Have you heard about the Invisible Children movement? In this Issue of The Walk KidTrek's President, Joseph Parker, shares stories and topics from KidTrek's blog about the important need for us to reach America's own Invisible Children.
- Are YOUR kids safe? (2/6/2008)
- Many children in America are growing up with no one to teach them important life skills that will keep them safe. KidTrek is working hard to change this. Read this gripping story of a KidTrek-trained adult who walks with two of her kids through a harrowing experience, showing them how God was with them through the whole thing.
- You can bring "daddy" home for Christmas (12/19/2007)
- Read this moving story from KidTrek's President, Joseph Parker, regarding he and his wife's experience volunteering at a local residential home for long term foster children the week before Christmas.
- Who is your hero? (12/5/2007)
- Who is your hero? God is our "superhero", but He also puts "heroes" in our lives to reflect who He is, reminding us of His faithful and unconditional love.
- I am Thankful for... (11/21/2007)
- KidTrek's President, Joseph Parker, shares the things he is most thankful is happening with KidTrek right now.
- Missionaries to America? Prt 4 (11/7/2007)
- Why do we need missionaries in America? Read about this KidTrek Associate ministry: Novaland in San Bernardino, CA
- Missionaries to America? Prt 3 (10/17/2007)
- Why do we need missionaries in America? Read about this KidTrek Associate ministry: Launch Pad, in El Paso, TX
- Missionaries to America? Prt 2 (10/9/2007)
- Why do we need missionaries in America? Read about this KidTrek Associate ministry: Farm Drive Neighborhood Center in San Jose, CA.
- Missionaries to America? (9/18/2007)
- Why do we need missionaries in America? Read about this KidTrek Associate ministry: Novaland in La Palma, CA
P.O. Box 848
Azusa, California 91702